A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Books...Remember those?

I will discuss the November reading debacle in a moment, but first I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and comments on our anniversary. We had a quiet evening with our boys. We ordered chicken marsala and ate at home. Then we did the ornaments on our Christmas tree.

We had already done all the other Christmas decorating, but we do the ornaments together each year. I love playing Christmas music and decorating the tree. The boys have ornaments from each year of their lives and many of them are from trips or places we visited so the decorating becomes a recounting of people, places and events over the years. I just love that. Of course as they get older they try to re-write history which is always cause for a laugh or two. So we are well on our way to being ready for Christmas even though I'm a bit behind with my shopping.




There you have it. Like sands through the hour glass... Man lately the sand is a torrent pouring through the hour glass and I can't find enough time in the day to read. It's just plain ridiculous. I haven't, I can't believe I'm actually writing this, even been to the store to get BLOOD BROTHERS by Nora Roberts. Can you believe that one? I sure can't!

I swear it has to get better. Tomorrow or the next day I'll post my November reading list. It's sort of sad and pathetic. Hopefully December will be better.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Yum - chicken marsala!
I plan to decorate when we get our tree. I ordered one from the school (raising money again) Usually I buy it from Ikea - as they sell live trees then replant them (if they are still alive after the holidays)
So far I had 4 trees from Ikea, and only one was still alive. *sniff*

1:53 AM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

Hey, even one book is better than none :-)

6:44 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, it was delish! That's a bummer about the tree. We have an artificial tree. While I love the smell of fresh or live trees the cost has gotten ridiculous here in SoCal so it's artificial for us.

Dev, I love your optimism! :) November wasn't a stellar month for good reads either. Oh, well...December is almost here and I have high hopes. :)

6:59 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

hey Rosie :D

well I'm glad you had a nice evening and anniversary :D that is a great idea about the ornaments... one for each year :)

can't wait to see your reading post :P

7:50 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

Glad you had such a nice anniversary.

I haven't had much time for reading lately, either. I've been laboring over props for our parade float and then woke up to pouring rain this morning. I'm getting a little worried...

10:45 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, yeah they actually have more than one ornament some years because they got gifts. Now when they move out they'll have their own Christmas ornaments with memories attached. At least that's the plan.

Becky, Yikes! I forgot about the parade tomorrow. We heard at work that the rain is supposed to last until midnight. Do you have a place inside to work on it? Good luck!

2:26 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home