A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mary Hartman and Megan Hart

It all started when I originally titled this post 'Megan Hart, Megan Hart' after one of my all time favorite sitcoms Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. Remember that one? No? It was a hilarious and controversial satirical sitcom by Norman Lear from the late 70s. Of course some of you probably weren't even born yet. For those of us who are old enough, you may remember Mr. Lear best as the creator of the sitcom All in the Family starring Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker. Anyway, I loved Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and was going to name my post copying Mr. Lear's premise that everything in soaps is repeated twice. Here's a promo that gives a taste of MH,MH wackiness.






All of which has nothing whatsoever to do with my original purpose which was to tell you about Megan Hart, Megan Hart. Megan announced the winner of her book trailer contest yesterday. The winner received a $100 gift certificate to Amazon, which is pretty rockin'. The trailer is for her new book TEMPTED that is coming out in January 2008.
As you know I loved her books BROKEN and DIRTY and I can't wait to read TEMPTED. Check out the winning entry by Frayo. I think it's pretty freakin' cool. BTW, this is appropriate for mature audiences only.






Right now I'm going to head over to eHarlequin to buy my copy of Megan's latest release THIS IS WHAT I WANT, a Spice Brief ebook. It'll have to hold me over until TEMPTED is released.
You can visit Megan here.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lisabea said...

Maary Haartman! Maary Haartman! OMG. I was 10 or 11. And I loved Martin Mull...what ever happened to him??

12:04 PM PST  
Blogger AuthorM said...

LOL, Rosie!!!

M

4:06 PM PST  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I remember that show - quite well :) It was a riot wasn't it? I think I liked the spinoff even better though - Fernwood Tonight.
I haven't read a Megan Hart book yet although I do have Broken TBR.

5:11 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Zeek, my family was huge Carol Burnett fans I don't remember that skit. But it's amazing you remember anyway since you were just a pup. :)

Lisabea Martin Mull started on Mary Hartman but ended up on the spin off Fernwood 2 Night as the talk show host. You stayed up that late on school nights to watch it?

Megan I'm old enough that I felt compelled to explain. Oy!

Kristie Between the opening, the review of what happened previously and then the teaser for the next show you hardly got any new show. It was wicked clever though wasn't it?

6:42 AM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

Rosie, you'll never believe this, but I had a very colorful and unusual childhood. I know what you're thinking. No one would ever guess that was true...

I saw Martin Mull in a stand up routine when I was in highschool at our local country fair. He was wicked and self depreciating and omg I loved him all over agian.

11:43 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lisabea, I still love Martin Mull thick eyeglass lenses and all. He's funny. Did you ever see him as Roseanne's boss at the dinner in the mall on Rosanne's TV show? Funny.

3:44 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Okay that should be DINER not dinner. Also for clarification in real life he wears glasses. Anyway, he's cute as a button funny.

3:46 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home