A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Praise be I finished a book!

I finally finished MOUTH TO MOUTH by Erin McCarthy. Cute. Sexy. Predictable. One different twist was the heroine was deaf. Made for some interesting moments in the book. I haven't liked Ms. McCarthy's Vegas Vampire series too much. Just not for me, but I've enjoyed a few of her romantic comedy contemporaries. This sort of falls in that category.

Now I have Lucy Monroe's new book DEAL WITH THIS staring me in the face, but I think I'm going to dig a couple of westerns out. Yes, I know I've mentioned this about six times
(more?) recently but I haven't gotten the books out yet. But I'm really in the mood. Anybody's guess why Christmas puts me in the mood for a western?

You know I feel like my reading has been paralleling my eating habits. I seem to be indulging in a lot of desserts and not anything I can really sink my teeth into. It's not for lack of choices. I think I just need to sit my butt down and honestly go through my tbr and choose.

Having said that I'm eagerly anticipating BLOOD BROTHERS by Nora Roberts which is due out on Tuesday. I so enjoyed HIGH NOON that I have high hopes for BLOOD BROTHERS to be something I can really dive into.

We are hoping to make a Christmas holiday trip to Disneyland this afternoon. Both GG and I are off and the boys each only have classes in the morning. I love seeing the seasonal decorations so that will be a highlight for me. Besides we all seem so busy lately that I've learned to really embrace and enjoy the moments we can all be together these days.

I think I finally have my top ten favorite heros list put together and hope to put it up tomorrow. I hope none of my favorite literary romance heroes feel slighted. Rather than have trouble picking ten like I originally thought I would I actually had to whittle the list down. I think I'll work on a top ten heroines list next. This was fun and gave me a chance to reminisce about some favorite heroes. Can you have a favorite hero and the book not necessarily be a favorite?

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Can you have a favorite hero and the book not necessarily be a favorite?

Absolutely! Course, now I'm drawing a blank. Sheesh!

Hope you found time to go to Disneyland and yay for you finishing a book. I've decided to just roll with whatever is happening lately.

CindyS

12:09 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie!!

Definitively a "meh" month! Like you, I'm waiting eagerly for Blood Brothers... after that, I want it to be December :P Mouth to Mouth sounds good... a deaf heroine, I think I want :) Was she deaf from birth or did she become deaf by accident?

a Top 10 Heroes? that sounds great! and I do think you can have favorite H/H without the book being a fav.

So any leftovers left? :P and are all the decorations up?

6:22 AM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

I loved Bowen but thought that Kresley Cole's Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night wasn't as good as the previous two. I gave it a B+, only because of Bowen. He's verrrry hot.

Can't wait to see which men are in the top 10.

I am often more intrigued by the heroine in a story than a hero, so that upcoming list will be of particular interest to me.

7:16 AM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

I cannot wait to read Blood Brothers.

Have fun at Disnleyland!

7:36 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Can you have a favorite hero and the book not necessarily be a favorite?

Yes. Derek Craven was very memorable for me, yet Dreaming Of You was only an "OK" read in my book.

Enjoy Disney!

I need to get off the pot and finish Lonesome Dove. Guess what was sitting on my desk when I got back to work today? Bloodfever by KMM and Extremely Hot by Jennifer Apodaca. Since they're library books I really should finish them in the very near future....

8:59 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm sure it's possible to have a good hero in a book, but the book be so-so...however, a good hero is what usually makes or breaks a book for me.

Have fun at Dizzyland. Hope the crowds are thin, so you can really enjoy it. They do a superb job of decorating, that's for sure!

10:06 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, we are out the door for Disnelyand in about 30 minutes. Just waiting for Beanie and Shmoo to get home from school.

Nath, her deafness comes from a childhood illness, but she was 3 so she only remembers life as a deaf person. Leftover are G-O-N-E! And we are sort of in the middle of decorating. One school of thought is we should stay home today and finish. But Mickey and friends beckon.

Lisabea, I frequently go for the hero, but every now and again I really identify with a heroine. My list is simmering right now.

Dev, it's just one more day. I'm sort of intrigued by the premise and hope I'm not disappointed.

Wendy, I don't think you should be so hard on yourself about LONESOME DOVE. That book is a brick. I remember when I was about halfway through it wishing I had someone to hold it and turn pages for me.

I have my copy of BLOODFEVER sitting on my bedside stand. I haven't cracked it yet. Never read Apodaca...what she like? Are you going to review it?

Becky, from your lips to God's ears...that the crowds are thin. The weather is beautiful today and we are hoping the park will be pretty empty.

12:18 PM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Rosie: You can expect an e-mail. I didn't want to clutter up your comments!

3:15 PM PST  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

Rosie, I read Erin Mccarthy's Heiress For Hire, and I have to say, it was totally fabulous, and a bit of a departure for her, writing-wise. It was a book that made me laugh and cry, and that's not something you expect from her books.

OK, can I request a pop-up window for your comments, because I wanted to respond to something else in your post, and I can't remember what dammit!

3:19 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Karen, I really liked HEIRESS FOR HIRE too. I also liked PREGNANCY TEST and HOUSTON WE GOT A PROBLEM. They are light weight but very readable romantic comedy.

As for the pop up thingy. To the right of the comment box you can click on the "Show Original Post" and it will pop up right next to comment box. I use it all the time.

Other than that I don't know how to do a pop up of my post...but I promise I'll investigate!

6:24 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home