Like most people, I love the fall and winter for the holidays they hold. Since my social life is pretty family centric this is a win-win. However, each year I'm challenged to focus on what is really important and not get "carried away". Fortunately for me I have an all-purpose, works-every-time, portable conscience barometer for just this purpose. I call it "GG".
There is nothing like hearing that deeply drawn breath before he utters one magic word. It's our own personal code. Depending on how extreme or slippery the slope, meaning my mood swings, it may go like this...
*eye roll* Babe.
Since our Christmas shopping is almost complete I've heard all of these already.
In other news...
1. With the busy-ness of the holidays I haven't read much and obviously haven't been blogging or blogging hopping much either. It's that time of year where there just aren't enough hours in the day.
2. Beanie has entered some sort of stand-up contest at a bar. There's a purse of $500. Since he just called me yesterday on his way to work, I don't have any details. When I do I'll post 'em since a couple people mentioned interest in going to see him.
3. Shmoo has one more week of his EMT class and then his final next Saturday. He's nervous. It's been an intense 14 weeks. After he passes the class he still has to take the National Registry. Not a guy who likes school much, I'm so proud of how hard he's worked and studied. If you have a spare prayer or candle, keep him in your thoughts.
4. We still have no heat. Can you believe that? The story is too long and boring to go into, but I will say there has to be a more efficient way to put in a new unit and convert to gas (we were all electric) than the circus we've gone through this last month. Holy moly! Cuh-ray-zee!
5. I can't believe the first week of December is over and my house is only half decorated.
Well I'm off to wrap and get packages ready for mailing. I hope things aren't too crazy in your life and you are enjoying the holiday season.
Labels: Beanie, Christmas, Holidays, Life, Shmoo