A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yeah, I know you didn't ask, but...

I'm officially sick of turkey for a while. In fact I think a hot cheesy slice of pizza sounds good. GG and the boys got our outside Christmas lights up yesterday and the lawn mowed. I, well, let's just say we will be finishing the inside decorating today.

What with all the people around, movie watching and Christmas stuff reading has slowed to a crawl. I've been reading the same book, Erin McCarthy's MOUTH TO MOUTH for a week and am only half way through it. Nath mentioned that she was reading but that the month of November was pretty 'meh' for her. I've found the same thing to be true.

While I love the holidays I have made a huge effort this past year to be healthy and exercise. We started last fall with yoga and are now swimming two or three times a week. Just changing these small things I've lost 12 lbs. Yeah it's been a whole year, but I'm trying to change the way I live my life for good and not lose weight only to watch it come back on. Anyway, there's been brownies, Thanksgiving, candy cane kisses and yesterday I had a hankering for chocolate chip cookies. Yeah, I made 'em. I finally figured out that it's better to indulge the craving right away and have small amounts of what I've got a yen for than letting the craving linger on. If I let it linger I usually end of eating all kinds of crap.

So here I am talking about more sweets, but I've had my chocolate chip cookies now and am feeling much better. Besides I know I can rely on Shmoo and Beanie to finish the rest of them off in short order so the temptation doesn't linger. Better go get a move on. Got Christmas decorations to put up.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

LOL, I have found the same thing with the cravings. I tried to avoid the craving for chocolate chip cheesecake by not making it on Thanksgiving...but now, I'm craving it in a serious way.

I had Jericho scrape the 'stuff' out of the Oreos to use the chocolate part for the crust, and plan to make it for tonight when we're hopefully finished with all our decorating.

That's the good thing about having boys...they clean up all the goodies so you're not tempted with them for days afterward!

2:07 PM PST  
Blogger Daphne said...

I had pizza last night and it was deeee-licious. I say you treat yourself to some tonight.

2:43 PM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

I had pizza yesterday. It was good, but now I feel like a slug. See, I didn't just fall of the healthy eating bandwagon ~ I dove off head first! I have to get back on track. My goal is to at least maintain until after the holidays and then start up again after Christmas.

3:10 PM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

I had a quarter pounder. With cheese. And it was goooood. I feel awful, now, but at the time? Mmmmmm.

5:01 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, yeah, chocolate chip cookies yesterday and uh...pizza today. Chocolate chip cheesecake sounds yummy. Ho-leee...hope I don't start dreaming and craving cheesecake now.

Daph, got it. Ate it. Only two slices and I was good to go. Of course the guys had no problem demolishing the rest. Thank goodness. We don't need more left overs.

Dev, did you have pizza when you went out to see the movie? How was it?

Lisabea, you know I hadn't been to Mickey D's in years until Shmoo started working there. Now I've been twice in two months. I'm happy to report they have things to eat besides burgers though. Haven't had a quarter pounder in crikeys I don't know how long. Isn't it always the way with cravings? You feel so sublime eating it and then once the craving is over. Wonder what in hell you were thinking.

5:08 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

We chucked all the turkey leftovers today. It felt sooooo good! OK, so the leftover desserts are still hanging around, but, hey...

I'm so impressed that everyone puts up their holiday decorations so early. Me, I can barely get the tree up the weekend before Christmas. I did actually think about getting the Hanukkah decorations down this weekend, though. Considering it starts Dec 5, that's pretty good, I thought. Maybe I'll get them down and out of the box before the first. That would be impressive :)

9:04 PM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

The movie? It was awesome. We love it ~ and when I say we, I mean the entire group I went with (men included). The first 10 minutes were over the top, but other than it was great. I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

9:29 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home