A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Synchronicity

Oh the beautiful word synchronize. I love it. I most particularly love it when I plug my oft mentioned and fabulous Treo 650 into my computer and HOT SYNC my phone with my computer. Which is shorthand for the process I use to back up and keep the information like my contacts, birthdays, anniversarys, lists, email, appointments updated on both my computer and my phone.

So imagine the horror to find half of my many, many, many contacts and ALL of my huge family's birthdays, anniversarys, and my appointments WIPED. OFF. MY. PHONE. Did you gasp in horror? I did. I even teared up. I've had this phone for almost two years and have never had a problem sync-ing my phone and computer before. Just before I completely freaked out I realized I was staring at my computer screen and all the information was still safely backed up on my PC. Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna.

Fortunately since the information was safe on my PC, I knew I'd eventually get it back on my phone. To say my heart skipped a couple of beats is an understatement. It took me almost two hours to get it put right. Not that you asked... : ) I was able to load updated software on my phone and then get everything synchronized once again. Whew! No major meltdown by Rosie during Christmas season. As Martha Stewart would say, "That's a good thing." A very good thing for GG and the boys. I was pretty beastly until I got it fixed.

So after that I think we need something to cheer us up don't you? Here's a trailer for a movie I'm anxious to see come out. I saw it advertised on TV last night and can't wait to see it.




And if you just can't get enough here's the new version of their Christmas song...



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

I cannot wait to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. I was laughing so hard when I saw the trailer. Kiddo and I will definitely be going to that.

I'm so glad you didn't lose your information. That would not have been a good thing.

7:03 AM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm glad you got your phone business sorted out. Whew!

I grew up watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. So I'm kind of hesitant to see this. My brothers are all for it though. But they are too young to remember the cartoon. So I'll probably take them. LOL

7:14 AM PST  
Blogger Sam said...

Um - I'm going to join the 'I can't stand the Chipmunk's voices for more than five minutes at a time' side.
My little nephew will Definitely Love this movie though, lol!

7:40 AM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

Yay! I grew up with Alvin and the chipmunks and I can't wait to see the movie. I hope they do it justice.

9:38 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home