A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

THE LAST TWILIGHT by Marjorie Liu

In my excitement yesterday I forgot to mention Marjorie Liu's LAST TWILIGHT. Dorchester Publishing sent me an advanced copy which I devoured when I received it. If you've been enjoying the Dirk & Steele series that Marjorie writes about you'll love this installment. If you haven't tried her books yet you won't have any trouble reading this as a stand alone. But I warn you, you'll be looking for her back list once you finish it.

Here's what I had to say about it in my review of books I read in December:

The Last Twilight by Marjorie M. Liu. MML does it again. Dorchester surprised me with an early copy of this book that isn't due out until January 29th. Marjorie Liu is such a good writer. This is the 7th (?) book in her Dirk & Steele series and this was one of the best in the series. I really enjoyed this book. It has a very interesting premise for one thing. The heroine works for the CDC trying to crack new viruses that spring up around the world. Ms. Liu's characters make her books. Stir in an interesting plot and you have the LAST TWILIGHT. You know a writer is good when you read about shape shifting (and believe it) as a real phenomenon that exists. Yeah, she's that good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home