A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Scathingly Brilliant Idea!

Did you ever see this movie? I loved this as a tweenie. (Not a kid. Not a teen. Between. Tween.) I remember after seeing it that I frequently mimicked Hayley Mills saying, "I have a SCATHINGLY brilliant idea!"

Frankly I have no idea what made me think about it right now, but watching all the vids on YouTube was a lot of fun. *sigh* The hours I spend on YouTube!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I adored this movie too when I was young. In fact I had such a girl crush on Haley Mills!! And I still love to say that *g*. I remember feeling almost as betrayed as the best friend when Haley decided to be a nun. I just didn't get it!

7:41 PM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

I could not believe she decided to be a nun. I watched this not that long ago.

8:27 PM PST  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

You're a nut! You know that, right??! LOL

9:32 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, me too! I still say I have a scathingly brilliant idea. It's no fun when no one knows what I'm talking about though.

Dev, I'm Catholic and I remember thinking that there weren't any cool nuns like these that I ever met. I thought the same thing when Dolores Hart (Where the Boys Are) decided to become a nun in real life. What? Huh?

Jodi, c'est moi? Le nut? Non!

6:51 AM PST  
Blogger Darlene said...

I love this saying! Like Rosie says, it's most fun if someone recognizes the line. Great movie and I liked the sequel, too, even though it was missing most of the cast of the original.

And I love that my 20 year old daughter loves it, too!

12:56 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home