A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, May 16, 2008

For the Inquiring Minds...

These first photos are from Beanie's scrapbook. I chose 12x12 sized scrapbooks for both of the boys and for the most part I'm glad I did. These larger pages are the traditional size most of us visualize when we think of a scrapbook. However, it's not always easy filling those big pages.

Also, I'm not an expert or even particularly creative or clever. I am glad that I've gathered the stuff all in one spot and have it glued down some where, but don't expect a professional layout. It's just me. My only hope (and goal) is that my boys will appreciate having this stuff saved and put together. Some day. Maybe.

For the double page I photographed below, I had no trouble filling the big pages. It's the "
He ain't heavy... He's my brother!" layout. I had lots of photos to chose from for that.

Side Note: I was too lazy to confiscate find the digital camera in Shmoo & Beanie's room. So, as usual, I took a shortcut and used my phone. The pictures aren't the greatest. End note.









I also took a couple of pictures from the heritage scrapbooks I did for all my siblings in the Fall of 2006 for Christmas gifts that year. This book is 8x8 and has a recurring color theme of pale green, red, and pink. I tried to use vintage looking paper, ribbon, lace, buttons, etc. to give it a historical feel.

The first page I'm showing you is the one I did of my parents wedding...






This next picture is of a page from very early in the scrapbook. I made a page with a large brown shipping tag like people used to put on their luggage when they came to the U.S. through Ellis Island. Then I used a label maker and made individual strip tags of all the family names I found in my research.





So now you have a little taste and feel for what I've done. I thought I'd share them with you since I frequently whine about being neck deep in some project.

Shmoo's scrapbook update: I bought some more cool stuff to go IN the book but haven't measured, cut or glued a single thing yet. But I'm thinking, thinking, thinking about what I'm going to do. Thinking. A lot...

Lots and lots of thinking.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Rosie, that is awesome! He will love having that later in life, and for sure, his wife will!!!

Those boys sure are lucjy to have you :)

11:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, Beanie seems to be enjoying his more now. I've been surprised at the interest Shmoo is taking in his. When we were shopping the other day I stopped in the scrapbook section of Target and he groaned when I told him I'd be a few minutes.

I asked him (sort of hopefully) if he didn't want a scrapbook and we could just go check out. He looked so surprised! He sort of hesitated and said "I want a scrapbook. I'll just go to the video department until you're done." Wish I had video of that face and his response. Of course now I really have to do the darn thing.

11:31 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah McCarty said...

I am impressed! I never even got the kids photos out of the paper envelopes they give you when they develop them.

12:19 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Rosie that's just beautiful. You're sure one talented lady!

1:07 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Rosie - you are clearly more talented than you give yourself credit for! I love the 'Who are you' page - very creative. I love that your boys want their scrapbooks. I'm wondering how it coming now that you have a 'certain' book in your hot little hands ;)

CindyS

4:59 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sarah, I'm nodding my heading and laughing. My picture envelopes sometimes get opened for the first time when I need them for a scrapbook. One good thing I did when we developed them was mark month and years on envelopes. It's saved huge amounts of time.

Dev, you say the sweetest things. Thank you. As much as I whine I'm sure glad the we got their stuff all gathered and glued down in one place.

Cindy, I wanted to share a couple of my more favorite and better pages in both books, but I didn't want to put up identifying information on my boys or other kids like my nieces and nephews. Thanks for the compliment though.

And uh...I read Saturday night and finished the Kresley Cole book. I couldn't help myself it was that good. :-)

2:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

It looks FABULOUS Rosie! Good job!

8:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks Becky, I worked some more tonight on finishing the heritage scrapbooks. It's so close I can see light at the end of the tunnel. The discipline of doing it is killing me though. Ack!

11:18 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home