A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

And then...

We had a busy full sun-filled day. Shmoo was at his Fire Explorer Muster last night and today. We went out for the day to watch the competitions. Well except for the 90 minutes I went to get my hair fluffed and folded.

If you were reading my tweets you know that Shmoo's Make and Break team came in third. That was fabbo because they are rookies and it was unexpected.

On another note, I wanted to let everyone know that I was being melodramatic in my previous post. Yes, I did fall. Yes, I do have several bruises and maybe it's not as comfy as it could be sitting, however, I am fine. My pinky toe is bruised, as are my knees, but it's just bruised, not black. That was poetic license to make the post more amusing to read. But I feel horribly guilty that people might think I'm hobbling around. That is so not the case. Whew! My conscience feels better now.

After the competition we had to run to pick up some stuff to take to the potluck BBQ afterward. I had to run into the Super Target for something and found some cute jammies to take to RWA. Yes, I already bought one pair, but these were too cute to pass up... RWA has been such a convenient excuse to buy new clothes.

Anyway, I hoping to spend a quiet evening at home tonight. I'm also hoping I get to read . I'm dying to. My baby sister called. She just finished the Brockmann. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to talk about it because I was at the competion when she called. Can't wait to have that chat.

Life is good.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Wow! Congrats to your son on his accomplishments at the Muster!

Our nephew was involved in Explorers, and we thoroughly enjoyed the Muster we attended for that. He went on to become an EMT and is now a Paramedic for the Fire Department. The kid makes a lot of money!

8:38 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Yay for Schmoo!

And you fell and I don't care that things aren't black, I'm betting it still hurt!! Take it easy and maybe milk it until you have to leave for RWA ;)

And just in case, I truly believe any colour goes with black - but I'm not very stylish.

CindyS

9:21 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Congrats to Schmoo!

LOL, just use any excuses that is good to buy stuff :) When are you leaving for RWA?

9:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, it was a great day. Exhausting and hot, but great to see all those kids and future fire fighters working together. Is your nephew a paramedic here locally?

Cindy, You are so sweet. For some reason I'm a bit more creaky today than I was yesterday. Weird. Anyway, I didn't want to take advantage of people's sympathy.

Nath, normally I don't like shopping much, but those jammies were so cute and RWA was a handy excuse. I'm meeting Wendy Tuesday morning and we'll be off. I'm thinking of moving my Tweets to my blog posts instead of my side bar. What do you think?

10:07 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home