A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My List for the Literary Signing

So I'm reviewing the list of authors for the Literary Signing in SF and I start circling names of authors I don't want to miss. I realize when I'm only to the 'Cs' on the list that this isn't a good method of choosing who I'm going to try and 'meet' or buy books from.

However, once committed to a task it's hard for me to stop the process. I slog through the rest of the list trying to ONLY circle people I HAVE to see. I wasn't much more successful than the first method I was using.

The first list is my "narrowed down" choices. It's still ridiculous and un-doable, but whatever. It was so hard trying to make a decision. I'm going to talk to people who've been to RWA in prior years and try to come up with an action plan. The plan is a total act of desperation you realize. There are many reader faves on my lists so I imagine tons of other people will have the same idea.

Here's the first list

Ann Aguirre (loved GRIMSPACE)

Maya Banks (started reading her ebooks; loved the print releases)

Suzanne Brockmann (has left indelible images in my head)

Kresley Cole (A Hunger Like No Other... is all I'm saying)


Claudia Dain (A Kiss to Die For is reason enough)


Christine Feehan (the line will be insane I'm sure)

Lisa Gardner (one of my most referred books is her PERFECT HUSBAND)

Jayne Anne Krentz (my very first glom)

Marjorie M. Liu (I stalk her blog and love her books)

Pamela Morisi (so many old faves and keepers)

Robin D. Owens (Love the HeartMate series)

Susan Elizabeth Phillips (my sister will KILL me if I don't & GG has read all her Chicago Stars books)

Nora Roberts (pffft! She's Nora freaking Roberts)

TL Schaefer (met her out here in Romancelandia and she invited me to stop by...that's a no-brainer)

Nalini Singh (FOR SURE I have to see her. Have to.)

Anne Stuart (could you just scream? I'd swoon to have NIGHT FALL signed by her)

CL Wilson (Tairen Soul series is very good)

Here are some of the people I want to see but I haven't found a way to be in four places at once. These authors have provided me with many hours of wondrous reading entertainment.

Susan Andersen (who doesn't love her Elvis?)
Connie Brockway
Portia da Costa
Geralyn Dawson
Thea Devine
Christina Dodd
Barbara Freethy
Rachel Gibson
Jane Graves
Lori Handeland
Kristin Hannah
Lorraine Heath
Elizabeth Hoyt
Madeline Hunter
Joan Johnston (love her sisters western trilogy)
Angela Knight
Susan Krinard
Jill Marie Landis
Debbie Macomber
Jill Monroe (I've never read her books, but those Authors Talk to Authors Videos...hilarious!)
Alexis Morgan
Mary Jo Putney
JoAnn Ross
Sharon Sala
Kerrelyn Sparks
Sherry Thomas
Diane Whiteside



Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger lisabea said...

Elizabeth Hoyt
Lisa Gardner(YES I LOVE THAT BOOK ROSIE)
Pamela Morsi oh oh oh I think I'll bring Simple Jess and ask her to sign it. Can we do that? Mine is battered and beloved.

Christina Dodd and Connie Brockway???

OK I need to focus, Rosie!

2:44 PM PDT  
Blogger Jude said...

The signings always seem to be a steambath, so dress in layers :)

2:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

LB, isn't is mind boggling? Yikes! Oh, and 'no can do' on bringing books in this year. Cross your fingers that maybe PM has some of her older titles there for you to buy and sign.

Jude, all my clothes are pretty light weight because of where I live (desert-y) so hopefully I'll be good. Thanks for the tip. I'm taking all the advice I can get.

2:59 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Laughing, Rosie. My list is equally as long. Thank goodness they set the authors up in alphabetical order so you can simply go down the aisles with your highlighted list and don't have to go 'looking' for anyone. You'll eventually come across them. Phew!

3:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, I remember both you and SL Wendy telling me about the alpha order, but day-um...there's still so many I want to see!

3:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Yes to many of those you mentioned!!! The thing is *g* I have the entire back list of many of those so I've also started a list of authors I've not heard or read before to actually buy their books.
OK - gotta go now! I still have SO much to do!!!
But first - I think I'll crack open a beer so it might help me relax as I'm getting more and more excited as the minutes count down.

3:43 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, me too about getting excited.

3:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Nikki said...

There are in alpha order? That is a relief. I am so worried I won't be able to see all of the authors I want to. Only 2 hours!! My list looks a lot like yours!!

4:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nikki, isn't that the coolest? It makes it easy to find your faves. Of course the people next to Nora Roberts, Suzanne Brockmann, Sherrilyn Kenyon aren't so thrilled, because I imagine they get blocked out.

4:08 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Would now be a good time to mention I'm insanely jealous? Just curious...

6:51 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, who would you go see first?

6:59 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Either Nalini, SEP or Christine Feehan. Not that I could actually choose, mind you..

;)

8:40 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

We have such different list, Rosie!! and the event is only 2hours?!? Gosh, how are you going to make it all?!? Good luck!!!

I'm with Holly by the way, insanely jealous...

(psst, I would go to Nalini Singh first too... after all, she comes from NZ... not easy to catch her at a signing in America)

4:22 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie!! Me again... you know what, I just went on Ms Singh's blog and she says that she's going to be "at the Berkley signing on Friday 1 August from 3.00 to 4.30pm (open to conference attendees)." I think you should check out those 'publishing house' signing... see who is going to be there... that way, you might save some time and decide to see someone else instead... since you have a second chance.

(psst - Meljean Brook is also going to be at the Berkley signing)

4:38 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, that's why I like asking people who they would go see. Even through we have books we all like, there are some writers that really ring our bell and we'd never miss. This is the list I will have with me, but who knows what I will actually do.

BTW, I've already taken your suggestion and am looking at the pub signings.

6:38 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

hey Rosie :D Hope the suggestion helps. I just thought since the publishing house signings are for conference attendees, the lines wouldn't be as long :P

7:47 AM PDT  
Blogger The Paperback Diva said...

I had to smile on seeing your list. Your taste is very similar to mine. I'll have to check out some of the authors I havent read yet.
In the meantime, I wish you a very happy and productive RWA visit!
Looking forward to hearing all about it.

9:30 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home