A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Staying in Touch

Tomorrow morning I'm off to San Francisco and the RWA Conference. I can hardly believe it's been a year since I vowed to save my money and go to the next one. Now here it is. Wow!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to try to do at least one post while I'm there. Shmoo has graciously agreed to let me bring his MacBook. I'll also have my trusty phone, the ever lovely Treo. With my phone I can offer the quick fix and updates via Twitter which will (and do) appear on my sidebar.

I'm counting on the Mac though. Even though I can blog, twitter, take pictures and check on all of you with my phone and it's pain to write anything in detail. Everything is so small. If I want to check google reader or write a long post it takes some time. So keep your fingers crossed I don't have no stinkin' problems with the MacBook.

For comprehensive coverage of RWA, Jude has an awesome all encompassing blog set up called BLOGGING NATIONAL. Everything RWA is gathered in one spot. She has all kinds of links for you. If you want to know what's happening, don't miss it. There's also BlogNationals that Jane from DA set up. It will have posts from people attending the conference, including yours truly, via RSS feed directly from their sites. I'm thinking there may be some sensory overload with all the stuff coming out of RWA. There will certainly be lots to choose from.

OTOH, if the power continues to shut off that may be the ONLY story to come out of the conference. If therer isn't any electricity for me to get my hair dried, well let me just say things are going to get ugly in a hurry and I'm not talking about my hair.

(Side note: My only silver lining about the accommodations and the lack of electricity is that if things do go to hell in a hand basket at the Marriot my brother lives in town. Should I warn him he may be getting visitors? End side note)

In other Rosie RWA News, I'm pretty happy with my lists. The only thing I haven't quite nailed down is any sort of a reasonable itinerary for the conference. There's so much to do! I want to do everything, meet everyone, go everywhere. Hopefully Wendy will help me with that since we have a long drive ahead of us and she's been to RWA before.

You may have heard around Romancelandia that I'm rooming with SL Wendy, Katie and Kristie. Am I lucky or what? With all four of us at the conference we should cover a lot of ground and meet a lot of people.

Which brings me full circle to my only dilemma. Time. Time will be a precious commodity. I'm already thinking I can cut out eating and sleeping. Who needs to eat? Who needs to sleep?

It's RWA and I'm going to be there.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait to see all of the updates you ladies will be giving us. Have so much fun!!!

6:58 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

You can't cut out eating, because eating gives you energy so you can keep on going. You can cut out sleep, although with your roommates, I doubt there'll be a lot of sleeping LOL :)

Hope all goes well with the hotel and that you'll have water and power!

7:45 AM PDT  
Blogger ReneeW said...

Nath is so right - you must eat to keep up your strength, but who needs sleep? I wish I could be there too. I've been to SF twice and loved it. Hope you have lots of fun.

3:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, in an ideal world all my bestest blogger buddies would be there too. We could eat, walk, talk, and laugh about books, authors, each other. Wouldn't that be the coolest? Someday there will be a blogger convention, I just know it.

Nathie, I swear I will be thinking about all of you. It would be so killer to be there with you. We will do our best to keep you updated. I will be doing lots of observing because it's my first time. I want to soak it all in.

Renee, you don't really have to worry about me eating. I just want to try to maintain some reasonable sanity over "what" I eat and not go crazy and gain any weight back. Katiebabs has agreed to swim with me. Fortunately the Marriott has a pool. It could happen, I could actually end up swimming... Right? ; )

4:18 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I'm just going to sit back in my jammies and watch you ladies take RWA by storm! Have fun, eat, drink and make sure you take a pic of you and Kristie side by side so we can see what twins with different mothers look like ;)

Cindys

10:41 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, I'm going to kick and claw my way through the Anne Stuart line and think of you every step of the way. Mwah!

11:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

Have a Wonderful time!!!!
(and you're right - who needs sleep?) lol!

11:44 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I wanted to go!!! I was actually planning to go with Ames, but in the end, we had to choose btw RWA and Holly's wedding :) You know I love Holly when I choose her wedding instead of free books LOL :)

Have fun! and I hope the heater for the pool still works LOL :)

I think we definitively should organize a romance blogger convention LOL :)

7:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Christine said...

Bon Voyage! Don't forget to twitter frequently! :)

1:29 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home