A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

All Work...No Play...Incomplete TBR AGAIN!

I seem to be going through a particularly busy time again. The days are full and flying by. My stack of books is getting higher and Emily wonders why I don't lay on the floor and play with her any more. Heck, GG wonders why I don't play with HIM any more.

It's taking me too long to figure out my new balance in life, but I will. Never say die. Never surrender to THE MAN. At least that's what Shmoo tells me.

There are more books stacked on my bedside stand than there have ever been. It's ridiculous. I'll take care of the "piles" over the weekend. Hopefully I'll finish my tbr read so I can do a book report for next month. Hopefully.

Thank God the Olympics will be over next week and the TV will go off again. At least that's my plan. TV has been a big distraction and I'm annoyed at myself for getting sucked in. Although GG is pretty sneaky about turning on the TV while I'm doing my evening chores. One minute I'm folding clothes, getting stuff ready for work the next day and the next I'm on the edge of my seat watching some athletic event in Beijing. God bless 'em but the Olympics are killing me.

Maybe we need to go into training to watch the Olympics. Months in advance we can start adjusting our sleep schedule to that of the Olympic venue, eating less because we will be grabbing snacks so we can stay glued to the TV to watch specific events we MUST SEE.

Maybe then one wouldn't wake up one morning a week and a half into this grand world wide sporting event and wonder where our life went.

Maybe.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

And my reading seems to be picking up. Hmmmmm.....

Of course since I read a whopping 2 books (yeah, 2!) the entire month of July that's not exactly saying a whole lot.

8:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

You're not alone! I know quite a few people who have gotten sidetracked following the Olympics, lol. It's hard not to!

1:02 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

oh gawd, the olympics have totally sidetracked me. no reading, no blogging, no sleeping. but hey, it's only once every 2 years (cuz i am even MORE intent on following the winter games). so yeah. s'all good.

3:18 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I totally agree!! We should train to watch the Olympics! Seriously, it's really hard and it sucks to watch it not live!

I hope you get more time to yourself soon:D

6:06 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

That's what I love about the Olympics. It feels like the world stops to watch - I guess they do but they still have to go to work. Ugh.

Cindys

12:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

SL, I think I may have about 3 books for August. I think. I'm finishing one right now that's good. I'd love to stay home from work and read today... Alas, I have to go in.

Becky, GG went on line and got his Track & Field news last night so we had a quiet night and I got some reading done. I didn't peak once!

Sula, our boys always liked the winter olympics a bit more too because of the snow boarding and skiing events. Shmoo did watch the womens beach volleyball final with me the other night, but at 18 the GF and movie night carry a lot more weight than an evening watching the Olympics.

Nath, lets remember about training for when the Winter Olympics comes up in a couple of years and we will post and get other people to train with us... What do you think?

Cindy, pesky things like jobs wreak havoc with Olympic watching when it is half way around the world. Even though I'm tired and dragging into to work each day, I'm glad I've watched. Those athletes deserve the recognition.

6:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

For me, it's lots of work, lots of play, and no reading time. I haven't finished a book in over two weeks!

7:38 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Well the next Winter Olympics won't be so bad for you, Rosie... given that they are being held in Vancouver... so no time difference with you :)

Did you catch synchronized swimming? I just caught bits and pieces, but it was amazing!!

2:54 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home