A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bad Day at Black Rock

This is the laziest Saturday I've had in sometime. This is also the worst my RA has been in awhile. In fact I'm always reminded how good I feel most of the time when I have a bad day. A bad day as in, I'm in one hell of a piss-y mood.

I'm thinking it's probably not the best time to be writing a post, but whatever. I'm here. I'm typing. What could happen?

There's one ray of sunshine. Beanie's home for the weekend. Yeah, gone two weeks and home already. I wish I could say (well not really because that would be sad and pathetic) he's home because he missed us. However, he came rolling in yesterday afternoon with a car full of laundry. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking free laundry and no clean skivvies had more to do with the visit than anything else.

Someone at work asked me if I was going to be "doing it" for him. I refrained from cupping my hand around my ear and saying, "What, huh? I can't HEAR you." I miss the kid. I do. But two weeks of stinky boy laundry? Not so much.

Flash to this morning. GG, the ALWAYS INDUSTRIOUS, gets up goes running and tosses a load of Bean's laundry in. Me? I'm reading and trying not to bitch incessantly about my ribs crushing my lung on the right side. Yeah, that's me no restraint when it comes to the complaining.

Anyway, after I finish my book, GG comes in and says the clothes are "done". Meaning, you know, time to fold and hang and stuff. So I start industriously folding Bean's stuff because the kid worked last night (10 PM to 7 AM) and is sleeping. Yes, that means I caved.

Although it was a whole new experience to fold his boxers and then a couple of his GF's thong underwear. (I tried to type just 'thong' but it needed the word underwear after it. Am I wrong?)

Holy crap. That was unexpected. Of course, Bean's GF is a real sweetie (and HUGE Nora fan) and would be mortified if she new some of her stuff got mixed in with his. So, I guess it's sorta WRONG of me to be talking about it on my very public blog. But I'm just trying to convey the surprise of teeny tiny girl stuff mixed in with my big boy's stuff. Bean is 6'4" for cripes sakes! Weird moment that.

So all in all it's been an oddly quiet Saturday. I didn't even swim this morning. Damn rib and good book combined for lazy morning. Shmoo's new sweetie is coming over this evening. We might all go out for a movie and pizza. That would be nice. And fun. We'll see how I feel. Maybe pizza and movies at home. Maybe.

Enough of the sitting up for me. I'm going to dose up and try to relax and see if I can kick the rib ache. GG offered some remedial carnal course work that he seems certain will 'make things feel better'. *eye roll* Yeah, like THAT will happen. It's the GG version of chicken soup. The end all...be all...cure all.

You gotta love an optimist, don't you?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Awww, poor you Rosie!! I hope you feel better :(

Schmoo has a new sweetie? we didn't hear about that one... and LOL, Beanie coming back with his dirty laundry. Why do I find that normal? Worst is that I'd probably do the same LOL :) but I'd make sure I wasn't bringing home boxers or briefs LOL :) So, are you going to tell him about the thong underwear?

I hope you feel better and have a nice evening :)

3:24 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, this rib, I tell ya...aargh! Yes, Shmoo has a new GF and she's niiiiice! No more goth girls, not that there's anything wrong with that. : P

Tell Beanie about the thong? No way! He and his GF would be soooo embarrassed. Me too probably. Anyway, they'll know when they put away the clothes. Or, if GG decides to yank his chain. Insensitive guy stuff ya know.

3:36 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

How do you know it wasn't Beanie's thong??

I hope you feel better ASAP!

3:46 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster, well technically I DON'T know it's not his thong, but unless he's using it for a sling shot I don't see those itty bitty things stretching around his....uh...legs? Thighs? Waist? Never mind.

3:50 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, okay girls, you are hilarious... Beanie's thong? LOL :) and yeah, they will definitively realize once they put away the clothes. By the way, are they living together?

4:10 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Duuuuude, that is so wrong. I've been with The Boyfriend for 10 years and no way, no how is my mama ever going to fold his boxer briefs.

Although once when his sister was visiting, I folded some of her clothes and immediately felt like Jabba The Hut. Girlfriend is MAYBE a size 2 - which is probably why I fantasize about strangling her on occasion. Last time I was a size 2 I was in the womb.

Hope your RA is doing better. Ugh, that totally sucks.

4:15 PM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

You're a good mom.

That's all I'm sayin'.

5:17 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, not my story to tell...

Wendy, those skinny ones sooooo hard to love. : )

Lb, really? I wonder sometimes. At any rate they are hale, hearty and whole...for that I'm so happy AND grateful. Now I gotta shower and not list to one side when I'm walking.

5:24 PM PDT  
Blogger little alys said...

Feel better soon Rosie!
I cracked up quite a few times reading. Hehehe.
Thong underwears. Hahaha.
Dirty underwear does pull a lot of weight. *winks*

7:28 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I'm sorry you're hurting - you need another few days of rest and relaxation I think ;)

And I have a feeling the GF is going to screech *if* Beanie tells her. He may just blush and stash 'em ;)

And yeah, you're a good Mom.

CindyS

12:07 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home