A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random Thoughts - Part ???

Wonder of wonders, Shmoo went to visit his brother. He finally admitted he misses Beanie. They have some serious video game time planned and a trip to the Magic Kingdom. This bit of news does my mother's heart good. Shmoo decided while Bean was home over the weekend that his brother is actually "pretty cool". I couldn't help but wonder if there had been some alien body snatching going on, but I'm not one to question a boon.

What does one eat for dinner when sons are not home and husband has already eaten? A Starbucks mocha light frappaccino, popcorn, cantelope and a cookie. What can I say. It is very liberating.

After gymnastics I don't think there's anything I'm excited to see at the Olympics. Track and Field just doesn't do much for me, although those sprinters are something to behold. Sure I've watched some beach volleyball, some basketball, horse jumping, and diving. Nothing has piqued my interest like the gymnastics did. Did you see the mens' rings competition? The muscles, strength, endurance? Unreal. Very impressive.

Tomorrow is TBR Challenge Day. Will I be ready? Uh, don't hold your breath. I love this challenge I really do. I've read books I might not have read without it. How'd I let this creep up on me again?

How is it that it seems like every other blog I read in Romancelandia has a review of HOSTAGE TO PLEASURE by Nalini Singh already? Huh? You guys suck. Although I guess I can't grumble because I have the ARC of WANDERLUST by Ann Aguirre that I'm dying to read and have only gotten through the first 8 pages.

Which begs the question, why am I writing a post when I could be READING????

BTW, bunches of contests out there. I'm pimping one at LET'S GAB. Lori has the three Elizabeth Hoyt books to give away if you go over and tell her your favorite Olympic event, winter or summer. Go on, you know you want to.

Me? I'm going to read. I think. Right after I do some stuff for work and eat some more popcorn. Doofus thy name is Rosie.


Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy~ said...

Very cool contest - I'm actually going to an Elizabeth Hoyt signing this weekend and can't wait to meet her. I loved "The Raven Prince".

7:53 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Phelps Schmelps - track & field is where it's at! I live and die for the hurdle events and my girl, Dawn Harper, won the 100m hurdles. Yippeee!

8:09 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Because you love us! That's why you're blogging instead of reading LOL :)

Haha, I am sooo going to miss my sister whenever one of us moves out... although I think we have a few years ahead of us, LOL :)

Did you try synchronized swimming? I'm sure you would love it :) I've been watching a bit of everything so far, except for yesterday... yesterday was a pretty boring day. I can't wait till tomorrow, it's the individual horse show jumping. The triathlon was very also very interesting!! But then, there was a Canadian that came 2nd... so maybe I'm biased...

Wendy - a Canadian came in third!! Tat was soooo unexpected for us :D

8:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I love the TBR challenge as well and decided last night that I think I'll be continuing it even after December. After all, those older books wouldn't be getting off of my shelves any other way!

1:31 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Stacy, I thought the contest was very cool too. With very little effort one could win 3 pretty terrific books.

Wendy, I saw Harper's surprise win. You don't think my disinterest in track & field has slowed GG down any do you?

Nath, we watched the diving and womens beach volleyball final last night. Congrats to Canada on its recent wins. There's a very good female platform diver from Canada in the finals. That will be on tonight.

No reading. No blog hopping. No tbr challenge AGAIN. Bummer.

Tracy, I didn't get my book report done, but I am reading a book right now from my tbr. I thought July was an abysmally slow reading month, but August has been even worse. I don't even know where all the hours in the day are going...

5:56 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie! I totally get you! I'm having difficulty blogging and reading as well! and it's sooo quiet on blogland! :( There are posts, but nobody comments... it's just boring :(

6:08 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

psssst - Singh gave something like 25 ARCs out for her contest so lots of bloggers got their mitts on it early ;)

You need to jump to my blog today!!

CindyS

12:34 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, so this means it's going to get better...no?

Cindy, I'll take a cruise by when I finish here. I entered the ARC contest at Singh's site. I just didn't win!!!

6:33 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home