A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

H-A-L-L-E-L-U-I-A!

That shriek of sound you just heard? That's me joyously thrilled to be caught up with all the doings and goings in Romancelandia.

Stuff I found out:

1. I missed a way cool little entertainment on Cindy's blog during her birthday week or "Cindy Week" as it's now officially known.

2. Nath has re-joined the working world again. Hey girl...vacation over! Yeah, I was jealous of all that off time.

3. Sula is still on board with the BDB series. When she mentioned those less than thrilled with V's story I couldn't help but raise my hand.

4. Lisabea has really good friends. You're in my thoughts and prayers buddy.

5. Those wacky duckies want pictures of our TBR piles.

6. Keishon scored a an interview with Chelsea Cain. I'm getting closer (and braver) to reading the books. Maybe a night light would help.

7. Blogger Appreciation voting is going on...go vote.

8. Book Binge and Ramblings About Romance are nominees. Go vote already. Oh and Kristie is giving books away.

9. Holland and MM's honeymoon was well attended. Heh heh.

10. Thanks to Rowena and the chickies at Boob Tube I know what's on TV without having to watch. Seriously? I love that.

11. There's true love in the real world. Read about Lori and her man at Let's Gab.

12. Jenster is still inspirational even when she's not trying to be.

13. I don't know what was cuter, pics of Max and She-Ra or this kitteh video at Gabrielle's.

14. Congrats to Smart & Silly on the adoption of her new baby girl.

15. Megan Hart had the shortest contest ever. I'm so excited, cuz she's sending me an ARC.

16. Nalini Singh has two new excerpts up on her site.

17. Ann Aguirre gave away $200 this past week. She just posted an excerpt to the next Jax book DOUBLEBLIND.

Wow, I wrote all that in like 2-3 minutes. *sigh* Now I guess I have to go back and put in all the links. Don't I? Yeah, that's what I thought.

BTW, how many blogs do you read regularly? How many is tooooo many? Inquiring minds want to know.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

Aw, thanks, Rosie! You're awesome!

I don't know how many blogs I read regularly. I have them all in google reader and try hard to keep caught up. But I keep adding more and more to Google. Sometimes it's just too much. :o)

6:18 PM PDT  
Blogger KT Grant said...

I am up to 50 blogs a day, but thanks to your awesome advice, I use google reader!! :D

6:37 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

hello there! so many blogs, so little time, eh? tell me about it. I don't know what we did before google reader. eek!

so were you gonna give LE a try? :)

7:22 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

That was a great update on everyone!! :) You should turn it into a weekly post :) it was really fun to read, even if I visit most of those blogs :)

Glad you're all caught up and hope you won't fall off again. and yes, I'm back in the working world... sigh, I miss vacation already :)

8:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Sugar! So glad to see you back and caught up. I missed you!

I subscribe to 266 blogs. Of those, I probably skim titles/posts of about..maybe 60? So, I read about 200 blogs on a regular basis. The good news is, most of these don't update every day. I'd be sooo screwed if they did. :P

I just opened my reader for the first time since about 8:00 yesterday morning and I have 262 unread posts. *sigh*

9:19 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster, no thanks necessary, I love your blog. When you don't know how many you read...well "danger Will Robinson...danger!"

Kate, 50's a good number. I'm at 74 currently. I just did a major weed out. Some were dormant sites or news sites (I used to have several of those) that I just don't visit any more.

Sula, in theory 74 isn't a lot and very doable on a daily basis if I'm keeping up. The problem lies when a few days go by and I don't read any...I get buried and so far (knock wood) I've been able to catch up over a week or so.
I hate missing out. It's a new phobia called FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) It's a family joke, but nevertheless...

As for LE, so far I'm holding strong and holding out...

Nath, dude you are always trying to talk me into stuff... : D

Holly, I *gasped* seriously, a real *gasp* when I saw 266. I bow down to your greatness and your speed reading. Me no can do.

10:16 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I think I actually need to do the google reader and add more blogs cause sometimes nobody updates and I'm blue :(

I go up and down my sidebar - I have to add some bookmarked sites. Just haven't taken the time.

CindyS

11:59 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, Google Reader is just the coolest. You won't be sorry.

12:04 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I was thinking that I didn't visit that many blogs but when I counted all of the ones that I go to every day of the week (except S & S) it was 35!!! That's crazy. No wonder I don't get anything done at work! just kidding! lol

12:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Rowena said...

I'm subscribed to 257 blogs but that's my family blogs, my friends blogs, my cupcake blogs, my baking blogs, my book blogs, my celebrity gossip blogs and you know, the list just goes on and on..haha. I skim very few of them and I don't know how many is too many for me, I'm nosy so I have to know everything!

Thanks for the pimps sweetie, you are so the best!

12:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tracy, I can occasionally check email at work, but no way I have time for blog hopping. I'm just too busy. I have 73 or 74 blogs I regularly visit and comment on. I'm curious what the average is. Do you use Google Reader? It's a life saver. Of course when you see how easy it is you'll end up adding more blog reading. ; )

Rowena, that ::thud:: you heard was me when I read 257 blogs. Holy crap! I wouldn't be able to stand the pressure of that many...just wouldn't. I bow down to the Queen!

6:37 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home