A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, September 08, 2008

TRUE BLOOD



I've never read a Charlaine Harris book. I've most certainly heard of Sookie Stackhouse, but nope, never read a book. Now, out of curiosity I watched TRUE BLOOD on HBO last night.


Okay, it's not the greatest show I've ever seen, but I am intrigued. Sufficiently intrigued and interested to probably go read a Sookie book. Sufficiently curious enough to watch another episode.

Go over to the Boob Tube for their thoughts. At least Ames, who did the review, has read Sookie's books.

I don't know how this happened. I don't watch much TV and I don't read Sookie, but I was tuned in. I blame all of YOU out there who've been talking about this series. I'm putty in your hands. It's pitiful.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

Call me play doh because I'm the same way. I've never read Sookie, but I've heard about her for the longest time and I've been intrigued. (Heck - even my dog is named Sookie) I started to watch it with my daughter, but decided it probably wasn't 13-y-o friendly. So I DVR'd it and will watch it here in a little bit.

I know I'm going to have to break down and read the books eventually.

7:16 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I've never read the Sookie books either, although I do have the first one in my stacks. I don't have HBO, so I'll be missing the series, but maybe if I hear enough good things about it, I'll rent the season when it comes out on DVD next year.

8:29 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

MUAHAHAHAHA

:P

10:41 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Rosie, you have to be strong to resist them!!!

5:31 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

I have never read the books and don't have HBO. But I suppose if they sound really great, sometime next year I will get them from netflix. Or whatever. lol. Honestly, I'll probably get struck dead for saying this, but I have zero interest in YA. Zip. Nada. *shrug*

let the beatings commence.

6:58 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jen, soooooo not teen friendly. Shmoo is 18 and he wandered in while we were watching and I still wasn't particularly comfortable. Of course this didn't make me shut it off or anything. My bad????

Dev, I can only speak for myself, but unless it gets dramatically better I don't see it getting a lot of buzz. It's sufficiently interesting to watch again but it's not in the "Whoooo-eeee" category.

Ames, I have to quit reading Boob Tube...

Nathie, I've already been absorbed into the "collective". It's too late for me...save yourself.

Sula, Sookie is YA? Yowzers. This is pretty advanced, profane and down and dirty for YA.

12:39 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Sookie isn't YA.

12:57 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

hrm, i wonder why i got the impression that they were YA. mebbe because in discussions, there was a lot of mention of teenage daughters reading them or something. idk.

1:40 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, Rosie... I will :) It helps that I don't have HBO :)

7:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, but if TRUE BLOOD turns out to be really good...then what will you do?

11:19 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home