October To Do List
This is mostly for my own edification, but if I have to be tortured with guilt over this list I figured I might as well include you in my angst. I figure if I have to suffer, so do you.
2. Update TBB and UBS book lists. Long overdue for a rehaul and an update. Kristie's post on her book cataloging was inspirational. I'm thinking Library Thing may be my next project. Well maybe not 'next' next. See number 9.
4. Re-do the blog page? Find someone to re-design it for me? What? I can't make up my mind. What do you guys think? I need help with this decision. I found out at RWA that there are people that identify my blog with the yoga lady. But how important is that? Aren't we all mostly stream readers? How much does blog design matter? It's not that I hate the design, I just can't decide if it's time for a change.
5. Twitter or not twitter. You can't be half in. This is another decision I can't seem to make. I like Twitter so much when I'm doing it, but most of the time I try to ignore it because I get sucked into the conversations and then... Zap! My day is lost. Also, I'll get fired and I'd like to keep my job. Put that way this decision seems like a no brainer. No?
6. Re-commit to swimming. I started walking again two weeks ago. I do my walking outside with Luann a friend from work. I'm not a big treadmill fan. I like being outside. So when it's a gazillion degrees outside walking 3 1/2 miles is killer. I was swimming a lot during the summer so we cut out the walking until it cooled off a bit.
Anyway, I only swam once this week and once last week. The goal is on alternate days walk or swim. That would be 6 days a week of exercise with only Sundays off. I was doing this last Spring. It was great for weight loss, good health and I want to get in the groove again. It's always hard getting started and back in the routine of things. (ETA: Swam Tuesday night!)
7. THE QUEST. Yes Kristie is at it again and we all have something new to consider in our lives. BROKEN WING by Judith James. I ordered mine and hope to have it by the weekend. I'll keep you posted.
8. Mail pressies to new nevvy and his big sister. Gotta celebrate the new baby. Pressies purchased, just got to them wrapped and boxed and mailed. Soon.
9. Last but not least, the photo project. Last year at this time my Dad dumped all the old family photo albums on me and asked me to go through them all and divvy up pictures to all the sibs. I've neatly boxed them all up and they are under my bed. I've purchased albums for the individual sibs to give them their share of the photos, but haven't gone through the laborious process of reviewing and dividing. Ugh! I'd like to get this done before Christmas.
So there it is. My Fall 'to do' list. Yes, I know I called it the "October" to do list, but I'm thinking a few of these may go on past the end of the month. At least I have them in writing and now I'm committed.
As in I need to be committed? *ba dum bum* *cymbal crash*