A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

October To Do List



This is mostly for my own edification, but if I have to be tortured with guilt over this list I figured I might as well include you in my angst. I figure if I have to suffer, so do you.


1. In the name of all that's holy, I need to go buy a freaking dress for the wedding already. It's less than 3 weeks away! Halleluia! I found a dress Sunday er...maybe it was Saturday. Anyway it was a total fluke, on sale and can I just say I'm soooo relieved? Well, I am. Relieved.


2. Update TBB and UBS book lists. Long overdue for a rehaul and an update. Kristie's post on her book cataloging was inspirational. I'm thinking Library Thing may be my next project. Well maybe not 'next' next. See number 9.

3. Update the sidebar on blog. Delete Twitter posts and replace with???? I did this. Sort of. On Saturday. I updated my links. Debated eliminating them entirely. Left them. I like looking at them. My blog. My blog. My lovely blog.

4.
Re-do the blog page? Find someone to re-design it for me? What? I can't make up my mind. What do you guys think? I need help with this decision. I found out at RWA that there are people that identify my blog with the yoga lady. But how important is that? Aren't we all mostly stream readers? How much does blog design matter? It's not that I hate the design, I just can't decide if it's time for a change.

5.
Twitter or not twitter. You can't be half in. This is another decision I can't seem to make. I like Twitter so much when I'm doing it, but most of the time I try to ignore it because I get sucked into the conversations and then... Zap! My day is lost. Also, I'll get fired and I'd like to keep my job. Put that way this decision seems like a no brainer. No?

6. Re-commit to swimming. I started walking again two weeks ago. I do my walking outside with Luann a friend from work. I'm not a big treadmill fan. I like being outside. So when it's a gazillion degrees outside walking 3 1/2 miles is killer. I was swimming a lot during the summer so we cut out the walking until it cooled off a bit.

Anyway, I only swam once this week and once last week. The goal is on alternate days walk or swim. That would be 6 days a week of exercise with only Sundays off. I was doing this last Spring. It was great for weight loss, good health and I want to get in the groove again. It's always hard getting started and back in the routine of things.
(ETA: Swam Tuesday night!)

7. THE QUEST. Yes Kristie is at it again and we all have something new to consider in our lives. BROKEN WING by Judith James. I ordered mine and hope to have it by the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

8. Mail pressies to new nevvy and his big sister. Gotta celebrate the new baby. Pressies purchased, just got to them wrapped and boxed and mailed. Soon.

9. Last but not least, the photo project. Last year at this time my Dad dumped all the old family photo albums on me and asked me to go through them all and divvy up pictures to all the sibs. I've neatly boxed them all up and they are under my bed. I've purchased albums for the individual sibs to give them their share of the photos, but haven't gone through the laborious process of reviewing and dividing. Ugh! I'd like to get this done before Christmas.

So there it is. My Fall 'to do' list. Yes, I know I called it the "October" to do list, but I'm thinking a few of these may go on past the end of the month. At least I have them in writing and now I'm committed.

Committed.

Funny no?

As in I need to be committed? *ba dum bum* *cymbal crash*

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Can I add to your list? As long as you're being productive, I'm going to add, "Clear out Holly's Inbox", k? It's out of control and I'll never get a handle on it on my own. NEVER! I need an intervention.

Also, your list made me tired.

I like your template now, but I can help if you want to change it. Or you can pay someone. Or you can leave it. I'm helpful like that. ;)

12:23 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hols, for some insane reason I feel better with a list. It gives me focus and satisfaction when I can cross stuff off.

As to ze blog template, give it to me straight. Is it stale? I don't mind changing, but I'd want to change to something I'll keep for a lengthy period of time like I have with this one.

What say you?

1:23 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Actually, I feel better with a list, also. I didn't used to, but since my memory is now shot and my concentration is a thing of the past, nothing gets done without lists anymore.

Now that I have my trust Crackberry, it's easy enough to pop things in to my notes. Thank goodness.

As for the template, I don't know. I guess it is kind of dark. I associate your little lily pad flower thing with you, not the Yoga Girl. So..I say if you're ready for a change, go for it. If not, don't. Whatever makes you happy, babe. We like you happy. ;0)

1:28 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I can relate to the blog change! I was all set to change mine - though I really do love it. Then I had business cards made up for SF and I couldn't really change it after that could I? But now I'm thinking of doing something different - maybe keeping the banner but moving to three columns. I really do like yours and as I'm not a feeder *g*, I would notice. Why don't you do a smaller change? Keep the banner, but change around it?
And as for making to do lists - laughing - the trouble is when I make them, I never follow through and then feel like a failure *g*

4:55 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Seriously, great list :) and yeah, lists keep you focus and that's good :)

I say go for a template change, I think you're ready for it :) and it's really fun to get a new template... frustrating when you're working on it, but fun :) Also, I don't associate the banner with you... like Holly, it's your icon. If you need help, I'm here... although I'm not that good ^_^;

6:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oooh, do the book cataloging project! It will change your life! My Man is the one who actually "made" me catalog mine, and while the TBR Anxiety is keeling me, it's nice to know exactly what I have and what I don't have. Also, you know how many books I own.....well.....

It only took me 2-3 days to catalog the lot of them on Library Thing. Seriously.

I've started walking again now that it's not quite so blazing hot. Helps me get off my butt at work, and get moving. I don't walk with anyone, but I take my trusty MP3 player with me, and whatever audio book I have downloaded to it at the time. Right now it's T Is For Trespass by Sue Grafton :-)

8:45 AM PDT  
Blogger Rowena said...

I totally agree with what you said about Kristie J's post being inspirational!

Good luck on your list sweets! I heart lists.

12:43 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home