A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Thoughts



HEROES, is one of the few TV shows I watch pretty regularly. Lordy it gets more confusing each week. Which begs the question...why am I still watching it?




All wrapped up. Snuggled. Spooned. How do you sleep with your significant other? GG and I are seasonal because he's always so dang hot. We haven't put the heat on yet but it's been a little chilly in the house in the early mornings and I go seeking the heat. In other words I send my foot out on expedition to find the warm and then scoot myself over there. In the summer time it's just the opposite. Since the person I sleep with is ALWAYS hot I go looking for the cooler spots in warm weather. Not very romantic, is it?




Having read some pretty good books lately I feel like I'm in a reading frenzy. It's all I want to do. The tbr beckons and taunts.




Is it weird that I'm anticipating the upcoming wedding like I used to anticipate Christmas as a kid? I just can't wait to see all my family and celebrate good times.




Speaking of celebrations... It dawns that in a month I will have been married for 28 years. 28 years! Hard to absorb. Let me just say I barely feel, despite how my outer shell looks, 28 years old let alone being married for 28 years. It continues to amaze me. Maybe I shouldn't tell GG that part.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

I am really enjoying Heroes this season, mainly because of Sylar. I love the actor that plays him. :D

6:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kate, Zach Quinto is getting better and better I think. He has sure made Sylar interesting hasn't he. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play Spock in the upcoming Star Trek movie. When I heard he was cast I immediately thought how perfect he was for the role.

6:31 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

I never got hooked into Heroes, even though I wanted to watch it. I think it clashed with something else so I just never got into it.

We're spooners, too. But just like you, only if it's cold enough. lol

28 years is awesome!!

7:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

My Man and I sleep the same way too. He's always a furnace, so we usually start out snuggling, and then end up drifting apart as one of us gets "too hot."

My TBR anxiety has kicked up a notch, so my last couple of reads have been books that I've had languishing for years. So far it's been kind of a mixed bag...

9:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I think I'm going wait till Heroes Season 3 is all out before watching... I got un-hooked from Season 2...

What good books did you read?

and LOL, it's totally normal that you're anticipating the wedding. Seriously, great times ahead :)

and oh, 28 years!!! Go Rosie & GG!! :)

9:04 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Congrats on the 28 years!

I, too, look forward to weddings and celebrations.

2:32 PM PDT  
Blogger little alys said...

I like Heroes for Hiro. Teehee.

My dog and I sleep with our backs facing each other and try to steal as much space as possible. Does that count?

Awww, 28. That's so sweet.

Personally, weddings and celebrations scares me. I avoid much. Of course, I gotta go to something tonight as I type this. *sigh*.

6:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster, the biggest problem HEROES has, because I'm so sure NBC wants to know, is that there are so many concurrent plots going on that if you miss it for one week you're screwed... and not in a good way.

Wendy, a furnace you say? That's GG year round. I don't have anxiety this time, I'm itchy to read. I know there's some good stuff in there. Then you had to go and mention Maggie Osborne on your blog... Man!

Nath, you and Shmoo! Shmoo usually curses at the TV when he tries to watch HEROES week by week. He just said he's waiting for the DVDs to come out because it's more fun and less frustrating to watch them all back to back.

My reads? Ummm....TWISTED CREEK, I've mentioned, the Kleypas, PROMISES REVEAL by Sarah McCarty, the ARC of STRANGER by Megan Hart, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Becky, today's my last day at work before people start coming into town and the fun starts. *shivers* I'm soooo excited!

Alice, Hiro is a sweetie isn't he? My family lived in Japan for 3 years and hearing Hiro and Ando speak Japanese always makes me want to learn it. I still remember bits and phrases, but I get nostalgic when I hear them talking.

6:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Like Jenster, I never got into Heroes. It is, however, on my DVR week after week, since Jeff insists on it.

On your other post, I am waaaay behind in the Megan Hart books. Someday..

Congrats on the 28 years! It's amazing how time flies, isn't it?

We always start out snuggled up (like you, I look for the warmth of the furnace in the bed with me) and always seem to end up apart, except on weekends, where there's plenty of sleep in time, and then we always sem to drift back together. Strange, huh?

6:04 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

GG & I got into it because of the boys. That first season it was like *clears throat* 'olden days' and we were watching it altogether each Monday night. Maybe that's part of the reason I still like it.

BTW, Megan Hart sent me lots of book marks and promo stuff for our SoCal meet up. Nice lady that she is.

10:05 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home