A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, October 20, 2008

What I've been doing since I saw you last...

I have to go to work so I only have a moment to finish this and get out the door. I had one of my lazy Sundays yesterday and didn't do much of anything except read. Wait! I DID fill the vitamin chests for the next two weeks, and... No, that's it. I was a lazy bum.

Of course that didn't stop the dervish I live with. He mowed the lawn and went for a 5 mile run. Freak!

I've been wanting to mention I'd read TWISTED CREEK by Jodi Thomas. This was first read by Dev and then Nath and then a whole bunch of other people. Another very good book. If you haven't read it...go get it. You won't be sorry. Now how often do I say that?


See this?


This little gem came in the mail on Friday. I read it over the weekend. STRANGER, another very good book. It doesn't release until January 2009, but keep it on your radar. I'll be posting my review closer to release date. But it's another winner from Megan Hart.

I'm rested after yesterday but girding my loins for this week. I only work 3 days and then it begins...the family wedding weekend. I'm always excited to see everyone and the day promises to be fun, exciting and...interesting.

Tell me, anyone know what to say to a father who calls and asks if it would be appropriate to crash the wedding with his new wife that was specifically NOT invited? Yeah. Let the good times roll. My Dad. You never know what he's going to do next. I, of course, passed this info on to my brother who's the father of the bride. Wonder what I'll be writing next Monday.

Oops, just remembered I'll be out of town next week at my class. Take of things for me won't you? I'm hoping to get out and about later tonight and catch up with all of you. Anything interesting going on?

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I have the Megan Hart as well, but am making myself NOT read it until sometime in December. I already have a couple of people ticked off at me for posting about the Portia Da Costa book before the Nov. 11 release date.

Your Dad - wowzers! You did all you can do. You told your brother. Wash your hands of it, and hope the fallout is minimal and doesn't ruin the wedding.

As for news? I was up with the stomach flu all night and feel like a wet dishrag. Did finish an HH though during my misery. I'm thinking I'll polish off at least one more Harlequin while I'm home wallowing today.

7:34 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all have fun at that wedding! ...? Er, maybe not?

I'm so jealous over the Hart ARC--just seeing that cover makes me...I was going to say "pant" but I'm not sure that's appropriate! ;-)

8:08 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Really great that you were able to read :) Just ignore your overachiever, LOL :)

Have fun to the wedding... and uh, your dad... Hmmm, perhaps that his wife could understand why she is not invited and just say that she won't go.

8:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, crikeys sorry about the flu pal. Hope you are feeling better. I don't know why people would be ticked off about the Da Costa thing. Hell, it made me put it on my TBB list. Isn't that a good thing?

Gabrielle, if you weren't so faaaar away... As for the wedding we shall see. God alone knows what Pops will do next.

Nath, my Dad's wife understand? She could care less, believe me, whether she is invited or not. It's that father of mine. He's just not happy unless he's making life difficult.

9:58 AM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

OH...MY...GAWD!!!!!!! We need to talk!!! My Saturday was busy, but I was L-A-Z-Y yesterday. It was good except now I have a lot to do to finish getting ready for Thursday. I think we'll leave around lunch time. Can't wait!

BTW I have book club tonight to discuss East of Eden. I wasn't thrilled with its ending!

11:58 AM PDT  
Blogger AuthorM said...

Wow, your Dad sounds like a trip!

Thanks for reading Stranger, Rosie.

12:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Well, I'm really hoping the wedding goes off well and even if an unexpected guest shows up, not to let it ruin the day.

Glad you got around to reading Twisted Creek. I love that book!!!

9:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Mary, yes! We must talk. Another call from dear ole Dad today. Lordy! The drama. Also drama in the sister who sings household. It's all making me feel fat. I know, I'm weird.

Megan, believe me, it was my pleasure.

Dev, I can only have hope that Dad behaves. I spoke to my bro today and we are all determined not to let Dad ruin the day for the rest of us. That's all we can do.

As for TWISTED CREEK, I'm so glad I listened and picked that book up. Very good.

10:15 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh, man...talk about awkward.

Maybe someone could scrounge up day spa or concert tickets for her or something? Something that would be enough to entice her away elsewhere for the day? Or sign them up with one of those deals where they get stuck in a "Time Share" spiel for a few hours in order to get a free vacation somewhere, lol.

2:45 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, you'll have to trust me when I tell you this woman doesn't want to be put anywhere or cooperate. She really doesn't care what we think which is why she wasn't invited in the first place.

New developments indicate they may not have left Montana for the trip down for the wedding. Maybe they won't come. At this point I'm thinking that might be a good thing.

6:42 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home