A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Routine! Routine! Routine!

Wherefore art thou dear routine? I'm dangerously close to throwing in the towel. I sit at my desk typing this with almost 300 books in my tbr, 3 unread on my nightstand, a stack of October and November reads that haven't been put on my spreadsheet, no October, November and now December reading lists posted. I think I've read one book in December.

My life feels insane. I don't like it. I feel out of sorts. Either the end of this craziness is near or I'm going to go mad.

GG reminded me last night when I was whining these same old familiar woes of having no time for my blogging life that since early October my life has been nuts between work and home. Either I've been working weekends or had personal commitments that have kept me from blogging or keeping up with my blogging. I'm at the point now where I feel like I'll be starting all over. Do I sound as pathetic as I feel? I feel pathetic. Look away...I'm certifiable.

I do want to thank all of you for still stopping by and commenting. You've been so encouraging and wonderful. I swear this post isn't to garner your sympathetic comments, don't feel obliged to pull me up by my boot straps. I'm not going anywhere. I say that for Kristie who worries one of us could just disappear and we won't ever know what happened. I like all you crazies too much. I'm just blathering on because I don't seem to be able to carve any time for blogging. That *thud* you hear is me whacking my head against the desk. I'm thinking of deleting. No. Wait. Yep. I'm going to keep typing.

So let's see if I can close on a positive note. We took down our Christmas decorations today. I'm taking this as a sign that we are organized and ahead of the game and that life will return to some sort of normal and R O U T I N E next week. It has to. It does. I'm begging for a dreary and slow January so I can get caught up or what feels like caught up.

Just read an email that reminded me I missed my Access Romance blog post too. Never done that before. Guess that can happen when you haven't been on your home computer for close to a week. Aaargh!!!!

Ooops! Guess that wasn't too positive was it?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

I think we all go through times where we are so busy and something just has to be pushed to the side.
And It is a little scary if someone who has blogging for years just disappears. I hope it never comes to that for all the people and blogs I visit.
I am so annoying, I will haunt people till they show up at my front door and tell me to leave them alone.

5:21 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

I can so relate, Rosie. I can't wait to get all the junk (oops, I mean decorations) down and get my house back to normal.

Hang in there, your mojo will come back eventually.

6:41 PM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, you guys got your decorations down fast! That's a chore I tend to reserve for January 1...you know, when I actually decorate beyond the few measly knick-knacks I got out this year.

And speaking of vanishing bloggers - Tara Marie resurfaced! Yippeee! Check your Google Reader :-)

8:20 AM PST  
Blogger Nikki said...

Oh, Rosie! I feel your pain! I feel like such a blogging loser lately! 24 hours in one day isn't enough anymore! I've been better at reading blogs but not posting on them.

This year I read almost 1/2 as many books as I did in 2007. My TBR is nearing 400 again! UGH!!

(Lifting my water bottle) Here's to a quiet January so we can catch up and take a deep breath, exhale and enjoy life once again!!!!

8:29 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh I hear ya.

Now we have a fresh new year! A fresh start! Whoop-whoop!

That's my mantra.

11:09 AM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

And Breathe.

It's okay, I know how you are feeling. I used to blog daily but not even remotely in the last few months.

You can always drop a line - still alive - life has taken over - back when I can ;)

I'm breathing so much easier today as Bob and I don't have any 'in stone' plans over the next three days. Means, sleep when I want and some selfish shopping ;)

Hugs! And Happy New Year!

CindyS

1:00 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Happy New year Rosie!! and don't worry, your routine will come back soon :D as part of the new year :D

1:18 PM PST  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Hi Rosie,
Happy New Year to you! I've been busy not blogging but I've posted another picture of my little miss J. Thanks for keeping tabs on me. I hope things smooth out for you soon!
Sue

6:12 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Katie, I'm trying to enjoy my time on line and not make it a chore to be done like laundry. But, hey, I'm grateful people still visit so, ya know, haunt away!

Lori, as much as I love the holidays it always feels good when everything is put away and back to "normal". Ahhhhh...

Hey Wen, you slacker! No decorations at all??? I'll give you a break on account of the fire and all. Thanks for the news about TM. I'm hoping to make the rounds this weekend and get a feel for things. Apparently google reader gives up counting when you hit 1000. *gulp*

Nikki,you know the saying misery loves company? Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one floundering. It feels so good knowing the next few weekends are free of obligations or work. I'm hoping to get back to the stuff I love.

Becky, I'll be stopping by your blog to see how the new house and Christmas went. I bet you have some good stories.

Cindy, I know how you feel about having no plans. That's how I feel about the next few weekends. We really need the breathing space.

Nathalie, we are having a good year getting back into our groove. We even went swimming this morning. That's a very good sign!

Sue, I'll have to go by and check out your little sweetie. As you've read. I've been lagging horribly lately. I'm curious and anxious to catch up with everyone.

2:04 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home