A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Do you hear what I hear?


Happiness and joy abound. I'm ready for Christmas. Mostly. I do have the food preparation for the holiday meals, and some pesky house cleaning to do.

OTOH, shopping is all done. Gifts are wrapped. Packages and cards are sent. And, baking is done. Although I've been thinking that I might make some more biscotti and chocolate chip cookies. They are very popular around here and what I've made will probably be gone before Christmas Eve.

I'd like to get caught up with all of you. I see I have 637 posts again in google reader. *very big sigh* I also have a post to write for Access Romance. You know what I'd really love? I'd really love to read. I don't see any of this happening any time soon though. With my family all coming over on Christmas Eve, sisters visiting from out of town, and the actual holiday itself, I think real catching up won't happen until the new year.

Which reminds me... Throw me a crumb and tell me what you are reading. I just picked up Feehan's MURDEROUS GAMES yesterday. I don't know if I'll get a chance to crack it anytime soon, but one can hope. So give a chickie a break and let me know what YOU are reading. I'll have to survive vicariously on your comments.

So, did you catch the 'sisters visiting from out of town' remark? Yep, the fabbo news I received last week, on my birthday no less, (random??? I think not!) my sister is coming out from Georgia on December 26th! My sister Mary, who sometimes comments on ye olde blog, will come down from central coast Cali to join us as well. You know how I love to spend time with my seees-ters. Can't wait for that. I plan to take a couple days off the week after Christmas to really enjoy the bimbos.

Except for missing all of you these past few weeks, Christmas has been pretty darn swell here at Nobody Asked Me central. I love Christmas season. Yes, I'm busy and there's lots to do, but I really don't mind. It means family gatherings, catching up with friends, and reminding myself of what's really important. Yep, I love it.

I hope things aren't too frantic or worrisome at your households. I hope you are safe, and warm and surrounded by those you love. And, I really hope that you are having a chance to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger little alys said...

Horray! I hope you have tons of fun with your sis! Mine is coming home too and it's great. :D
Are you getting snow tomorrow as well? A white christmas! :)

8:10 PM PST  
Blogger Bridget Locke said...

I haven't read anything new in awhile. With the horrid weather outside causing me to be stuck indoors, you'd think reading would be top of my list. Instead, I'm about ready to lose my mind! Argh! And I haven't even started my shopping yet! *whimper*

I hope you have fun with your sisters. Family can either be really fun or really scary. I think it depends on the family. LOL!

9:54 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Alys, yeah, I'm always happy to have my sisters visit. This week is going to so busy! (in a good way)

Bridget, I read about 10 pages of MURDEROUS GAME last night, but it was too late and I was too tired to do more than that. I'd love to stay home & be lazy today since it's windy and rainy outside, but alas I must work. Good luck with the shopping. It's crazy out there!

6:21 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Merry Christmas Rosie!! To you and your family!

Seems like you're having a grand time :D

LOL, I gave up on my Christmas cards... i think I'm going to send them after New year LOL :)

7:33 AM PST  
Blogger Marg said...

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas with your family!

3:43 AM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

I'm late making the rounds but am so happy to hear you are having fun with the holiday! So go have great fun with your sisters and then report back stat ;)

I have been too busy to read. I know. I can't believe it either. I can't wait for January and for everyone to go back to normal. I have a bunch of books I would love to read after such a dismal year of reading.

Happy New Year to you and yours if I don't get back before then!

CindyS

9:59 PM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hi Honey!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with the family and are enjoying your time with your sisters.

I just finished the 3rd book in the Virgin River series and also Immortal Warrior by Lisa Hendrix. Both good books.

Take care!

10:26 AM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

Rosie
Hope you had a merry christmas. Hope you had fun with your family. Me, I love it when mine comes over but I also love it when they leave :) Anyway, I'm currently a book orphan. I just finished reading all the Twilight books and haven't found anything else that catches my attention.It's the dreaded slump.

7:46 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks Nathie! We had a great Christmas and are still busy and surrounded by family visitors.

Marg, we did! We did!

Cindy, I've been too busy for everything which makes me wonder if I'm not exercising, reading or blogging what in heck AM I doing????

Tracy, thanks for letting me know what you are reading. For the first time in years books are collecting dust in my house. I'm longing for routine.

Giselle, I'm not in a slump just lack time and energy. I keep thinking next week will be better. *sigh* I live in hope.

4:54 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home