A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, December 05, 2008

November Reading List

November another busy month and another list put together in January 2009. I got on a Jodi Thomas glom and read several of her books. I still seem to be in a historical mood.

BE WITH ME by Maya Banks
Trio of guys love one woman who's a cop. Didn't work for me. Predictable and the plot was thin. I'm a fan of Banks, but not this time. C-

BRAZEN by Maya Banks
This time it's two brothers. I give Ms. Banks kudos for addressing the issues inherent and obvious in a relationship like this, but this still wasn't all it could be. C

A SOLDIER'S SECRET CHILD by Caridad Pineiro
This is a Silhouette Romantic Suspense title. I totally tried this because of the good things I've heard about this author with awards and reviews. I felt the story was kind of flat and generic and it just didn't work for me. C

FLAT OUT SEXY by Erin McCarthy
Our friendly neighborhood widow (of a race car driver) falls for a younger race car driver. While this book had it's moments and I still think Ms. McCarthy writes good romantic comedies, this book was only okay. I'm giving it a 'C'.

NEVER TOO MUCH by Lori Foster
This book originally came out in 2002. I couldn't find it in the house and didn't have a spread sheet back then so I bought it. In this book our hero, a bar owner finds himself drifting through life bored when the right woman comes into his bar. This was a good solid read for me. B

TEXAS PRINCESS by Jodi Thomas
This is a Whispering Mountain novel. This is Liberty and Tobin McMurray's book. I'm reading these books out of order. I actually read the third book in October and then this one which is the first one I believe. I've yet to find the second book and while this was okay I didn't like it as much as Teagen's story. B-

THE TEXAN WAGER by Jodi Thomas
I got on a Jodi Thomas glom. This is the first book in the wagon train trilogy. Three women are dumped by a wagon train and end up in a jail. The only way to get out of jail is a bride lottery. This book is Bailee and Carter's story and I liked it a lot. B

WHEN A TEXAN GAMBLES by Jodi Thomas
This is book two in the wagon train trilogy. This is Sarah and Sam's story and another solid read. B

HER MONTANA MAN by Cheryl St. John
Yet another western. I really got on a kick. This is a November Harlequin Historical release. Another solid installment by Ms. St. John. B-

TO SEDUCE A SINNER by Elizabeth Hoyt
This is the second book in a series about three British soldiers haunted by war in the colonies. I'm really enjoying this trilogy and can't wait for the next installment. This is Vale and Melisande's story. I love the way this one begins with Vale being stood up at the altar. Again. Very enjoyable read. B+

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl St.John said...

Thanks for picking up and reading Her Montana Man, Rosie! Glad you enjoyed it!

8:08 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home