A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Breathing, Lifetime, and Easter

My brain is foggy. It is chock full of a lot of incredible information about how to build a database. Maybe this is old hat to many of you, but after muddling my way through a crooked database built by someone else for over a year, I wanted to finally know what I was doing. An opportunity arose to take a 2-day class and I jumped on it. There are just so many possibilities with this new information. That's the silver lining. The side effects are the foggy head with too many bits of information to process.

Going into work tomorrow will actually feel like a vacation.

For me the best release (reward) is usually to either eat something I'm really going to regret... OR, I can get to work and actually put some of the education to use. Our friendly Mr. Goodbar won out yesterday. But not today. Today I came straight home and was all by myself. After a few quick chores I settled myself in front of the BATV and watched the Lifetime movie of Nora Roberts' HIGH NOON. You may remember how much I loved this book when I read it. Consequently I couldn't ignore the movie. I had to at least check it out.


Let me say that while Duncan wasn't as nearly as interesting and compelling as he is in the book, the actor who played the part, the delicious
Ivan Sergei, did a credible job with the script he had to work with. Lost actress Emilie de Ravin was cast as hostage negotiator Phoebe McNamara. This was, imo, a much better cast and adaptation than the hapless ANGEL FALLS movie was last year. I couldn't even sit through that one. Ultimately, the HIGH NOON movie was okay, not long or meaty enough, but okay. If I was grading it I'd give it a 'C'.

That bring us to Easter.



I'm late getting an Easter package out to my niece and nevvy in NoCal. I dunno. It's Thursday. Think they'll get it on time? Ummm... No?

I've also been dragging my feet making any plans for Easter. Little things like what we are having for dinner. Although, I did pretty much decide that earlier today, I still have some grocery shopping to do. What about you guys? Are you all ready for the holiday? Anybody got special plans for the weekend?

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

My holiday started tonight. I've been chopping, sliding, dicing, and baking (special Passover stuff) for days now. We had the first night at my sister's and tomorrow (or now, tonight) will be at my house.

Biggest surprise of the night was seeing jeff up close with my 2 nephews (18 and 20). They look like brothers, and he looks their age. Fuh-reaky. I'll post pics on the testosterone blog in a couple days when I can be arsed to pull the card out of the camera.

Enjoy Easter!

12:08 AM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

I wanted to watch that movie, but missed it. I suppose it will be back on again...will have to check it out.

I totally forgot that Easter was coming until my coworkers told me Friday was a day off. woohoo! As usual, we have nothing planned. No family within a 1000 mile radius or so, ergo no obligations. Housesitting in the country, going to a the 90th birthday party of a coworkers' dad (can you believe?) and shopping for material for curtains that I'm going to make with the help of another friend. That's my plan.

Databases can be fun. I have a basic working knowledge of how to manipulate and design simple ones in Access and SQL but it can get kinda complex fast. Which program were you working with?

4:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

With my parents 3000 miles away, we don't really do Easter. I should check with my sister, but she's getting ready for a trip, so I think her Sunday is shot with little things like laundry and packing. I'll have to confer with My Man, but I'm thinking I'll probably just throw a roast in the oven. That, and watch the baseball game :)

8:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

Gah! Don't remind me. I'm just not in a very celebratory mood lately. It seems like I just got finished cleaning up the Christmas mess.

12:02 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, did you take any time off or are you doing all that AND working? It's pretty weird seeing our boys with the 'big guys' isn't it? Cole is almost 22 and I about fell off a chair when I looked up at Christmas and he was standing talking to his uncle with a beer in his hand. It was a moment.

Sula, if it's like last year they will be replaying these movies to death. They had some incredible viewer numbers I guess.

My class was all in Access. Of course I already had some issues trying to fix the old db at work this morning. I'm thinking I should just start over.

Wendy, I was thinking you would be getting together with your seeesteer for sure since it's your first holiday with anyone remotely nearby. Are your parents still coming out in May?

Giselle, p-nut isn't going crazy happy for Easter? I do flowers and plants for Easter and not much else in the way of decorations.

5:52 PM PDT  
Anonymous Maija P. said...

Happy Easter to you Rosie!

4:19 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

We had our 'big' dinner on Friday and it wasn't at my house so it was nice. Tomorrow we're going to my Mom's for lasagna. We told everyone no chocolate but Bob and I still got too much!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

CindyS

7:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Just a little old thing like BUILDING A DATABASE! Dang, woman...to have picked all that up in so short a time? You got SKILLZ! I probably would have rewarded myself for something that all-consuming with a trip to the Cheesecake Factory at least, lol. (Which explains why I struggle so on my diet.) I think you did pretty good with just a Mr. Goodbar.

We've got most of the extended fam coming over after church for the big dinner.

Happy Easter to you and yours!

9:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Joanna Chambers said...

Yesterday: beach (cold Scottish beach)
Today: Chocolate.
Tomorrow: Lunch with people.

It's been good! Hope you have a lovely Easter too.

1:12 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie :D

so how was your week-end?

3:09 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I hope you had a great Easter Rosie. I had family over and we had a great time. Hope you're well. :)

4:22 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

ThanksMaija! Good to see you visiting again.

Cindy, I can't believe how behind I am with answering my posts. I suck! I had a great Easter weekend and didn't overeat.

Becky, yeah that database thing? Oy! I love the idea of having the capability, but there's such a huge learning curve.

Tumperkin, that sounds divine. I like going to the beach in winter when no one is there. Is your beach cold all the time? I have no clue about Scottish weather.

Nath, you came, you saw, you read. Fun and food was had by all.

Tracy, mwah! So sweet.

6:13 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home