A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dumber than a sack of hair...

Yep, that would be me. Have you ever wished someone a happy birthday and apologized for not mailing the card, but wished them happy and let them know how glad you are that they are them and that you have been thinking about them all day... yadda, yadda, yadda...

Well I did that very thing. Yesterday. June 9th. Of course it's JULY 9th that is SL Wendy's birthday, but she got effusive felicitations from moi yesterday.

Yesterday morning her birthday popped up on my PDA calendar. Or at least I thought it did. I was thinking about her all day. after my faux pas I checked my calendar again and sure enough it's listed on July 9th.

God knows how I did it what I did. But, I did it. In the interest of full disclosure I have to admit I even wrote myself a sticky note "Wendy B-day. Email!"

Of course, because Karma works this way, I will probably not remember her birthday at all next month. *heavy sigh* Fortunately, we will be flying out to RWA together, so I can always buy her a drink on the plane a few days later.

Mea culpa SL!
You have a friend who's dumber than a sack of hair. And, in the (likely) event I screw up in the reverse next month...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

LOLOLOL - You're not dumber than a sack of hair!

Been there, done that. One year I sent a birthday card to My Man's sister. The problem? I sent the card to the wrong sister! So the birthday girl got no card, and the sister whose birthday was 6 months down the road got one. Der.

8:13 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL :) Well at least, Wendy knows you care :) and everyone wishes that they could have a birthday twice a year no? Also, better early than late in my opinion... of course, better late than never.

4:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I'm with Nath! As long as she knows you care and are thinking of her then it's all good. :)

11:56 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, I'd at least be comforted if I knew how in God's name I got it mixed up.

Nath, it's good to know your friends tolerate your nuttiness.

Tracy, of course you are right, remembering and caring are important, I just felt...sheepish. =)

6:39 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

What Wendy said! You no dumb!

I'm horrible for dealing with Birthdays and I think I'm always late. I never mean to be late - I'll be thinking of the person for days before but suddenly on the day of 'poof' gone. Dumb Brain.

CindyS

11:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, I used to be the queen of remembering birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I'm actually usually pretty good with records keeping too. How I looked on July 9th when it was June 9th IDK. My calendar opens each day to THAT specific date I actually have to do something for it to move. Weird.

10:20 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home