A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sisters and Brides and Packing...oh my!

My sister is here visiting. She came without her husband and the Stair Steps because my niece's bridal shower was yesterday. Which, by the way, was loads of fun.

Now I'm not particularly a "shower" type of person. Generally speaking I can think of no worse torture than being trapped somewhere and having to play bridal/baby shower games. My only solace is knowing that most women feel the same way and we all secretly agree to endure the ritual for someone near and dear to us to have her rite of passage.

The theme at this soiree was BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S. Yours truly won the BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S movie trivia game. My prize? A truly awesome set of dessert plates which helped mitigate the torture aspect of the event immensely. Truth be told, we had a lot of fun which was helped along with some tart and spankin' raspberry martinis. And, more importantly, it was great watching my niece's enjoyment of the event. That says everything.

Now I'm off to run a couple of errands with my sister and then it's cramming my stuff packing for me. It shouldn't take long. Hopefully. I'm pretty organized. Then it's early to bed.

The adventure begins tomorrow. I'm up at the butt crack of dawn to catch my plane to Washington DC and RWA.

The plan? See everyone. Do everything. Miss nothing. I'll be blogging. I also plan to have my tweets on my sidebar like last year.

Any last minute advice? People you think I should see?

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Have fun Rosie!!

I'll be living vicariously through you and Kristie. LOL

12:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Like last year I'll probably ignore my Twitter account and just focus on regurgitating everything on my blog.

I'm pretty much packed. Just have to throw some toiletries in the suitcase in the morning. Got the lap-top reading to go, along with my Sony Reader. Although I've pretty much decided I'm only bringing it so people can play with it. I'm fully expecting to get NO reading done.

2:17 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, who would you want to meet at the conference?

SL, you are always so darn efficient. I got my Twitter stuff going and I should be tearing myself away from the computer to finish packing any minute now. Really. I will. I almost forgot how addicting Twitter is.

5:36 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Who wouldn't I want to meet? LOL

There are so many.

5:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dude, you are being coy. Who would you swoon to meet?

5:52 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Karen Rose, Suzanne Brockmann, Janet Mullany, Sophia Nash, Julia Quinn, er, the list could go on and on. LOL

6:21 PM PDT  
Blogger KT Grant said...

I wish I could twitter from my phone but it is so annoying. Instead I will try and post a blog each night. Probably after being exhausted after running around like crazy.

Have a safe trip!

6:43 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Just have lots of fun!! I'm with Ames and will live through you guys for the week ;)

CindyS

9:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, Wow! Those are all authors I don't know much about. Well, except for Brockmann and Quinn. I haven't checked the author list (my bad) to see who's going to be there.

Kate, you were good about getting posts up last year. I'm hoping to do better and not get so distracted by the new and the shiny.

Cindy, when the packing is done it's time for fun. Wa-hoo! RWA here I come!

11:57 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Have a nice trip and more importantly, Rosie, have fun!! Enjoy the good company :D

Rosie, you gotta give Karen Rose a try, amazing author!

7:31 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, nag, nag, nag! :D A beautiful morning here in DC. We're off to sight see.

6:30 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home