A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Let's Clear the Air

I've been a very bad blogger for the last couple of months. I do however see some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm actually hopeful. Of course that might just be the glass of wine I had with dinner so we will have to see what the future holds.

For instance, I plan to do my June book list. Soon. However, first I had to finish a post I have up over at Access Romance Readers Gab. I'm palavering about going to RWA. Yes, I've condensed RWA to THE ESSENTIAL 3 E's. Makes you wonder why I'm not writing books, doesn't it? Har-har.

Other distractions include weddings. I'm officiating at my first wedding tonight. Pray. Light candles. Dance naked under the moon. I'm beggin' ya here. Do whatever it takes to send me some good ju-ju... My arms are wide open because my nerves are frayed. It's a small group, but some of them are people I work with. Holy crap what was I thinking?

All of which lends to the realization that I may not be cut out to be the Right Reverend Rosie marrying people thither and yon. This is likely to be an adventure of short duration.

Gotta go. More later...

Lawsy, but I miss you people.


Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

Life happens, what can you do? I will check out your list. Can you believe nationals are 2 weeks away?

4:38 AM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

had I only KNOWN that you could officiate weddings, I woulda asked you to do mine. hehehe. I hope it goes very well, as I'm sure it will. :)

4:46 AM PDT  
Blogger lbgregg said...

All will be well. You'll see.

6:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kate, no I can't believe nationals are 2 weeks away, even though it's all I can think about. I'm very excited to see everyone.

Sula, girlie for you anything! Although marrying people you know has a built in hazard... I'm sentimental and weepy. Sorta not good when the presider is too choked up to speak. Hehehehe. How are your plans coming along?

Lb, are you channeling GG? That's what he says! I know I owe you another "mock up". Maybe later today! ::whispers:: That's called positive thinking.

6:53 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Another excellent post about RWA. You also did a really fabulous one last year as well. I need to do a "link round" post over on my blog - so consider yourself warned.

You and my sister need to start your own wedding officiating business. She married one of her best friends last summer. You guys live less than 100 miles apart from each other - it might work? LOL

Any plans for the 4th?

8:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I missed something big here - you're actually officiating the wedding?

12:36 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendala, link away! As for the wedding business... You mean we can get paid for doing this? :D

Hey Tracy! Well here's the scoop. I registered with Universal Life Church and can marry people because California is kooky that way. I did it at the request of my niece that's getting married in August.

Then someone at work called me and said they heard I could marry people and asked me to marry them. That's tonight.

All I can say is that it's a crazy world.

1:16 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Can't wait to hear all about you officiating your first wedding!! All will be well :D

Can't wait either to see your june list :D and I'm heading very soon to your post at Romance Readers Gab :D

4:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie, I'm home and alive and they are married. GG (who's grossly prejudiced) says I did good. I stayed on my feet and didn't stutter or pass out so I'm calling it a success!

8:59 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Sooo cool :D I bet you did good, Rosie :D Congrats on your first wedding! May there be many more LOL :)

4:45 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home