A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The beat goes on...

Just a bunch of miscellaneous and unrelated thoughts...

You may have noticed I still don't have any groove, rhyme or reason to my blogging or commenting. What's up with that?


I work with someone who's the MIL to author Rebecca Goings. When said co-worker came home from vacation she brought me FOUR (count 'em 4!) of Becka's books all personalized and signed to me. Is that cool or what? You can find Becka's books at Samhain.


One of the guys at work is getting married July 2nd. Guess who he asked to marry him? Is that just wild or what????


It's Father's Day weekend chiquitas... Can you believe we are six months away from Christmas? I can't. GG and I are spending the weekend with the boys and GFs. Can't wait!

I'm off today!! Vacation day and long weekend. Of course, this 15 minutes is probably the only time I will get on the computer, bummer that. OTOH, we are off to Disneyland!

My weight is stuck. I'm not gaining, but not losing either.

How many hours do you sleep? Or, maybe I should ask... How many hours do you have to sleep to feel rested?

I'm not blazing any trails reading this month. You may have noticed I didn't post a TBR Challenge review again. Read one, just no review.

Hey! Did any of you guys see this? Carolyn Jewel mentioned my mini reviews of her books on my May reading list. Does that rock or what? I'm starry eyed, what can I say?

Oh, and day before yesterday I got a surprise in the mail. I entered the Megan Hart contest for a copy of DEEPER and apparently was one of the lucky winners. That was a very nice surprise.

Guess that's it for now. I'm off to the races and looking forward to a relaxing weekend with the boys.

Wait...relaxing AND boys... That's an oxymoron.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Oooh, surprise books! Those are nice. Looks like Goings has written some westerns too.

I didn't enter the contest, but I'll definitely be buying Deeper. I actually can't wait for her January Spice release, Switch - which looks beyond AWESOME!

Have fun this weekend.

12:01 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

wow, you sound busy. WTG on the review mention. that's uber cool. :)

1:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

Holy cow and I thought I was busy! Yeah the words rest and boys do not go together :)

5:21 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, it was so nice of Becka to send them. I comment on her blog from time to time because of the 'connection', but never dreamed she'd send one book let alone 4. It was so nice of her.

As for MH, I am so with you. I was going to bring deeper on our weekend trip but it's signed and I didn't want to take a chance it would get messed up.

sula, I feel like I'm always busy. I don't know how it happens, but it does. LIfe is good though so I sure can't complain.

Giselle, Hah! No rest for the wicked...

12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Joanna Chambers said...

I really want to know who that guy asked to marry him.....

12:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

T, I guess I should have been more clear. I meant guess who he asked to perform the ceremony??? Me!

Yep, I'm gonna marry one of the guys at work. How's that for weird?

4:12 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

What a wonderful gift from Goings! And then to get mentioned at Carolyn Jewels - you go girl!

And I'm not so much busy (actually the past few weeks have been a blur) as much uninspired.

I hope you had a great weekend with the boys and GG

CindyS

10:21 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

So how was your week-end, Rosie? Hope it was a nice one!! :)

LOL, you're going to marry your co-worker? That is so cool... practice run for your niece ;)

and that is so cool about the free books :) world is small :P

9:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, she was so nice to send the books. I really can't believe it. I'm so excited to meet Carolyn Jewel. I'm reading another of her back list right now.

Nathie, it was a great weekend. I'm hoping to post something later. Although I have some wedding stuff to do before I can "play" so we'll see.

7:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Becka said...

I thought I'd send you an email, Rosie, but it came to my attention I don't *have* your email addy. So I came to your blog (via the linky on my MIL's blog) to see if there was an email link. Didn't see one (and admittedly didn't look to hard lol) so I decided to write you a note here.

I got your thank you card in the mail today. You are very welcome! My MIL is always talking about how you're going to this and that convention and yakking about the romance world in general, so I thought it might tickle you to get some signed swag. Samhain gives it's authors 10 copies of their books to take to signings, etc. and I still have a few hanging around. I thought hey, I'll give some to Rosie and clear my shelf in the process. WIN WIN SITUATION! :P

(bonus no shipping fees heheh)

Anywho, thanks for the namedropping and for being so danged excited! There are times as an author you think dang, am I the only one who FLIPS OUT over my stories?? Answer: No. :D

Take care, and I hope you like 'em!

~~Becka

7:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becka, it's certainly no hardship to squee a bit over books. If you go to my profile page my email addy is there. If not, here it is:

R N G 1 1 8 0 @ aol.com

Since Wendy noticed you write westerns, there will be a few people checking that out. There's still those among us who love a good western tale.

Thanks for stopping by!

8:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Becka said...

Rosie, I hear you about westerns!! You have no idea how excited I get when I find them. Usually these days, I pick up a western and it goes like this...

"Okay, rancher, got it. Hard-nosed cowboy, uh huh. With a fashion designer on her way to New York?!? WTH?"

**slams book back on shelf**

"Cowboy on the range, mmhmm. Texas Ranger. Right on. Falls for woman at the local biker bar. Seriously??"

**slams another book on shelf**

Historical westerns seem to be dying. That's one reason why I write 'em. I love them too much. Working on a new project entitled RENEGADE, based on that awesome oldie by STYX. Hot cowboy on the run, dodging the hangman, and the woman who loves him and tries to clear his name. :D Historical of course.

Haven't finished it, so I have no idea as to publisher/release dates or anything like that, but it's my next western project in the works. I'll let you know any news on it! :)

~~Becka

10:26 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home