A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Countdown RWA!

One month people. One month from today I leave for Washington DC. I simply can't believe it! In many ways it is a surreal experience because one person's brain almost can't process meeting all those people in such a short period of time. Sensory overload anyone?

OTOH, I do know that under the skin we are all just people and I'm not really one to deify someone I admire and respect. OTOOH, holy crap I'm excited!!

I've already shared I want to meet Carolyn Jewel this year. I also want to see Ann Aguirre again, she's awesome. Ummm...oh, of course, the reason I made the decision to go in the first place...Linda freaking Howard! I've heard through the grapevine that Anne Stuart and Jennifer Crusie are going to be there. That's pretty cool. I will eventually make a list so I don't miss anyone I may never get a chance to see ever, ever again.

What about you? Whether you are able to go to RWA or not, who would be on your 'must see' list? What would you say to them if you could meet them?

As for what I would say to all these authors I admire so much? I'm usually speechless. Anyone who's met my chatty self probably doesn't believe me, but I've found that while I do want to compliment an author or get a signed book, I DON'T want to be obnoxious or intrusive. There's a fine line between fan and stalker. Heh.

So tell me my little chiquitas, inquiring minds want to know:
1) Who would you most like to meet and why?
2) What would you say to them?
3) What's the line between fan and stalker?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I still need to go through the list of authors - but one that I HAVE to meet at RWA is Nicola Cornick. I've really enjoyed her last couple of HH titles AND she's flying all the way from Scotland. I mean, how many chances am I going to get to meet her in person? Probably not many.

Mostly I just say that I loved "such and such" book. Then I try to concentrate on not sounding like a complete moron. For me, that's a lot of work! Heh.

Oh, and you won't be a stalker. Unless you're thinking of hiding behind potted palms, only to jump out and scare the hell out of unsuspecting victims/authors. Um, you're not thinking about doing that, are you? Ha!

9:20 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Uh yeah.

Anne Stuart.

'uhhhhhhhh.....'

Stalker.

Then again maybe she's been looking for a mute drooling person to gaze adoringly up at her while she's at a book signing.

The good news, if I heard she was in the building I would avoid her at all costs so I don't terrify her and force her into writer's block.

I would like to meet Linda Howard and have her sign some of her older books. I would tell her my favs.

Nalini Singh - maybe some awkward puppy eyes before muttering how much I loved, loved, loved Judd and Hostage to Pleasure and that I'm waiting for ...

Kresley Cole - ditto.

I'm just saying, I might be able to hold it together ;) I know stalking if I see it or if I try it.

Cindys

9:36 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to meet Ann Aquirre, too. I'll be at the Literacy Signing, so do drop by and say hi!

7:09 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hmmm, Nalini Singh, Maria V Snyder and Meljean Brook are 3 authors that come to mind. Robyn Carr as well, Sharon Sala if she's there. There are just too many!! I don't know what I'd say though. I guess it would depend on the atmosphere or something.

11:05 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

It's hard to believe it's less then a month away now!! I can't really say who I want to meet most - or what I'd say. Maybe Janet Evanovitch as she's really making the rounds at work - but I don't see her name on the literacy signing.

8:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, I'm using your basic game plan and advice from last year...first on the list are the "must see" then a list of everyone else.

Cindy, she's my swimming buddy!! =) Have you been following Jennifer Crusie's blog and the transformation of the bright pink luggage AS calls 'the pig'?

Carolyn, I will stop by your table! Although as chatty as I can be (ask anyone who knows me) I have a tough time choking out who I am to authors... Kind of dumb I know, but nevertheless true.

Nathie, dude! Isn't that the same list as last year? Well, maybe Maria Snyder is new...

Kristie, wasn't she at the literacy signing in SF last year? We should ask Wendy because she remembers everything. Besides, you never know, there are always last minute surprises.

7:54 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, well I like the same authors... I mean, what can I say? I hope there are going to be there in 2 years :P

7:58 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home