A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

What I'm Doing...

What I'm doing is blog hopping. What I should be doing is polishing the wedding ceremony for my niece. Our last meeting is tomorrow. Two weeks to go to the big day.

I'm typing fast and looking over my shoulder because GG is doing yard work and I should be out helping him and weeding my flower beds. Instead I'm in the air-conditioned house here with you. Shhhhhhhh... Don't rat me out! Besides, I've decided the weeding can be done in the early AM when the temperature is below 90-something degrees.

Here are the red shoes I bought this morning for my dress. I tried them on with said dress and they look killer. Red was definitely the way to go. Don't worry, they aren't too casual for the dress. (Hey I know you aren't really worried about it, but indulge me.) The dress material is light weight and cotton-y. No I don't know what it actually is and I'm too lazy to go look when I also have to be on the look-out for GG.

Wow, so many of you have your July reading lists up already. Look for mine to be posted around September. J/K. Hopefully this week...some time.

Crikeys, I better go. I have to finish this wedding stuff and get some stuff, and myself, ready for this wine tasting thing we are going to tonight.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Awwww, see I feel bad for the poor neglected silver shoes that nobody seemed to like...except for me that is.

That said, the red shoes are killer. Just don't tell the silver shoes that my eye is now wandering.....

5:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous shoes! And, I am envying your warm weather. It is blowing a gale here at the moment. So over winter!

Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

11:01 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Gorgeous shoes! And they look like you could dance for a bit in them ;)

Hope you had a great time at the wine tasting.

CindyS

3:56 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

Even I, the admittedly un-girly, likes those shoes.

Can we haz pictures of your loveliness all dressed up for the wedding, yes?

Try to stay cool, Rosie!









(poor GG)

7:51 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

OOh have fun at the wine tasting!

And cute shoes. I envy those who can walk in heels. LOL I'm so flatfooted I think I've got hobbit feet.

10:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Oooh, I like those shoes!

4:15 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Blog-hopping is the first step to come back :D!

I like the shoes!! Very nice and they are going to look great with your dress :)

How was the wine testing?

8:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, those silver shoes are killer too. I likes 'em. Can't buy 'em right now...but soon.

Sarah, 85 degrees at 6 AM is NOT enviable.

Cindy, wine tasting was very fun.

AL, GG promised to take my picture for ye olde blog when I'm all dressed up. *gulp*

Ames, Fergalicious! And, I was surprised how comfortable they are to walk in .

Lori, yeah baby!

Nathie, at one point this weekend I was actually caught up!!!

9:01 AM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

Well, I think I'm all caught up on your blog. I was only behind a couple of posts, but talking to you Saturday had me worried. I love, love, love the shoes! You know that this means that I will officially be the "ugly aunt" in the crazy print dress! I've looked and looked and can't find anything. My hubby and boys will be cute though...sigh!

BTW I'm going to my used bookstore tomorrow and was making my list. You should be so proud! ;)

11:14 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosie, those are terrific shoes. Me, I can't stand on a heel higher than 1/2". I do admire those women who can balance and look totally confident in heels. You'll be dazzling in your red dress and snazzy heels for your niece's wedding.

12:24 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

LOVE the shoes! Very cute.

10:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Warrior M, as if, you are the young, cool, hip aunt. I'll give you the red shoes for that rep alone.

Miss Lulu, I was surprised after so many years of short to no heels how it was like riding a bike. I love those shoes!

Tracy, I plan to wear them a lot after their wedding christening.

4:21 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home