A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Junk Drawer & An Award

I don't really have a junk drawer. My sister forbid it years ago. She pulled open the catch-all drawer in my kitchen gasped and said something like, "You can't have a messy drawer like this. You always have everything so organized." It was a call to arms hidden in an intervention.

Anyway, I told you that just so I could say, I don't have a junk drawer. BUT, if I did, this particular post is the equivalent of what my only imaginary, not real, junk drawer would look like.

See how messy things are already and I've hardly
started. So FWIW, here goes.

Remember that saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"? My good intentions were to keep up with the posting and blogging once I returned from RWA.
Apparently the universe had other ideas. I came home from RWA and promptly had the mother of all flare ups with my rheumatoid arthritis. Well, a mother of a flare up for me. Anyway one swollen & drained knee later I'm "fit as fiddle and ready for love".


(Don't you just love Singin' in the Rain?)

However, it did throw a major crimp into my good intentions seeing as how I had a leg propped up and was a sleep for at least half the week last week. For a brief moment Wednesday night I did throw myself a bit of a pity party imagining that I wouldn't be able to wear this dress...

or stand in these shoes...


What do you think? Should I go with red shoes to match the dress or stick with the silver?


Anyway, I chased those blues away because the knee is good. Mostly. New meds, good knee. I should be all kinds of awesome by August 15th when I will stand for approximately 20 minutes straight in those killer shoes to marry my niece and her fiance. Promptly following the ceremony I plan to change into something that won't cripple and disfigure my feet for life.


You know why?

Dancin' baby! Dancin'! It only takes a little coaxing and a few lurid false promises to get GG on the dance floor. What can I do but take advantage of the poor man? He just plain likes it so much.

Oh, and now that I feel better, I'm out in Romancelandia again too. Feels good. Mucho good. So, you know, HELLO EVERYBODY!

I'm lifting a glass of my favorite bar beverage to Ms. Lisabea who gave me an award in the guise of yet another call to arms disguised as an intervention.

Here's to you LB. Mwah!


Le Award

The Kreativ rules state that:
Once you receive this award you are to list seven of your favorite things and then nominate seven other blogs.


1. Chocolate cake - it has to be moist and not be slathered in frosting.

2. A bright sunshiney day without wind. You have to live where I do to appreciate this.

3. Swimming. I feel so powerful and strong moving through the water.

4. Coffee. Slightly (a lot) addicted.

5. Buying presents. I love the feeling when I know I've gotten just the right thing for someone.

6. That moment every night when I lay my head on GG's shoulder and sigh. We just fit.

7. Books, of course. They've brought so much joy into my life not only in the pleasure of reading, but now with all the friends I've made.



Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Rosie: I hear you!! Last week was pretty much of a write off for me too. Although I didn't get sick (like Barbara did) or suffer from any physical ailments like you did - I was exhausted for the whole time and it was pointed out to me on Monday at work (very nicely for a change) a couple of doozy errors I made last week. And with the amount of time we spend on our feet - either walking or just standing, combined with late nights, early mornings and just non-stop excitement, it's no wonder our bodies make us pay for it.
I'm glad your doing better now and can dance, dance, dance the night away!
And how can you live without at least one junk drawer????? :-)

4:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Kati said...

Pooor Rosie! That sounds just awful! I don't even want to get into how my insides clinched reading about the "draining." I'm so sorry Pumpkin!

I do love the silver shoes. But here's the thing, what else do silver shoes go with? Do you have other formal events that you should be wearing them to?

Glad you're on the mend, darlin'! I'm already looking forward to Nashville!

5:35 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

(((Rosie)))

So glad to hear you are feeling better!

And welcome back to romance blogland, we've *missed* you, woman!

7:38 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! i missed you! glad you are feeling better. and your #6 just made me sigh.

7:43 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Rosie, it's great to hear from you!!

sorry to hear that you were in pain :( but glad you are feeling better! And my, you're going to look great in that dress and shoes!! Hmmm, I would go for red shoes, but I think the silver can really work :)

So what have you been reading?

9:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

To answer Kati's question - I think you can pair silver shoes up with quite a few things. I wore silver shoes with my blue dress on RITA night. And they'll also work with my usual, "boring" black dresses.

Ouch, on the knee! The Super Librarian Mom had a knee replacement last week and she's already chewing on the walls from boredom.

It took me about 2 days to recover from RWA. It helped that we got back to Cali in the afternoon on Sunday and that I literally slept for 12 hours that first night back.

10:11 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, I did so well last year... My doc did say he didn't think the walking, lack of sleep and general folderol had anything to do with it. I just had a flare. It's the nature of RA.

Oh, and, I sort of have a junk drawer in my dresser, but it's not jumbly cuz I know what's in it, but we'll count it, okay?

Kati, I love the shoes too, my sister found them and really wants me to wear them. I'm a 'ho' for red shoes though and want to wear red. So red, am I right?

I hear we are going to be neighbors in Nashville. You know it's a done deal once LB sets things in motion...

AL, you are so nice. Thanks. Of course, I've been thinking about those cookies and reminding myself I did the right thing by saying no, but still...

Hi LR! I've missed people so much. I'm just gettin' my groove back again. Oh, and #6 makes me sigh every single night.


Nathie, I'm glad I put up the picture of the shoes and I'm not the only one who thinks I should go with RED!!!

I read a bit while I was sick last week, let's see the S.J. Day series, I read the first two of those. I read my ARC of Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel, and oh I also just finished Burn by Linda Howard. Right now I'm ready to start either the 3rd SJ Day book or maybe the new Shannon McKenna Tasting Fear.

Hey SL, I almost called you to whine last week, but I was such a Gloomy Gus I decided not to dump on you. Bite your tongue on knee replacement.

Taking Monday off was great and I actually felt good when I went to work Tuesday. It was Tuesday night the whole knee thing started. Blech!

3:32 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

1. All our drawers are junk drawers.

2. You were very missed!!

3. I'm glad your knee is better - can't imagine the pain - ugh!

4. You'll be smokin' in either red or silver cause neither colour is my fashionable (boring) brown or black ;)

5. And I dance constantly and Bob gets up to dance to make sure the men stay away from me. At least, that's what I tell him. Cause if he won't dance with me, somebody will ;)

9:08 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, you have to review Rosie!! What did you think of Burn?

I've seen reviews for S.J.Day, but none of the bloggers I usually follow, so I'd be interested to see what you thought... Although if you're going to read the third book, must be a good sign :)

As for the shoes, I think the lady looks good in red shoes. My only concern is that if you wear silver shoes, your feet are really going to stand out :P Is that what you want?

6:58 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, when we meet, and we will someday, you owe me a dance. I don't care if we are having tea at the Ritz, we are dancing!

Nath, I liked Burn quite a bit. SJ Day's books are good. They were rec'd by Kati in a convo at RWA. Pretty good.

As for reviews, I guess you will have to wait for end of month sum up. I'm not quite back into swing of things for a full length yet.

Oh, and definitely I'm going with RED shoes.

9:34 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

cookies: you can always change your mind.

11:38 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holy moly! Don't tell me that AL! I gotta fit in that dress for the wedding.

3:35 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Sooo glad you're feeling better!! Those flareups suck.

I so hope that you can relax after the wedding and can get back to blogging and bloghopping a bit. We miss you woman!

7:02 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home