A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random


Lots of work at the salt mines this week. Remember my comment that you always pay for the short work week? I hate when I'm right.
(Not really. I actually love it when I'm right. Aren't you? Heh.)



Did anybody see the season finale of RESCUE ME? We watched it over the long weekend. Holy crap! Right?




I went swimming for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday morning. It was glorious. The water temperature verged on bath water which is a tad warm for lap swimming, but I can't complain. Really. Can't. Nothing beats the sheer happiness of getting back in the water.



I'm currently reading Christine Feehan's latest. I'm about half way through it and am feeling sort of 'meh' about it. Anybody else reading it?




Instead of finishing my August reading list, which at this rate I'll post sometime in November, I watched THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB for about the sixth time. It's not a spectacular movie particularly, but I get hooked by it every time.



Okay here goes, after more than 15 years at the same nail salon I'm making a change. Why am I writing about it? Well, it's sort of a big deal to me because I'm a very loyal person. Not to mention I still really like the person who did my nails, I just don't like the shop any more. I've been stewing about making the change for months and finally made the leap. Did I mention I haven't really told the people at the old shop yet? They called yesterday and I sort of dodged telling them. I know. I'm a coward.



Color me stunned. Did not see that coming.


Last night getting ready for bed GG is thinking this...


While I'm thinking this...

and this...



But THIS is what really happened.


Ahhhhh...marriage, ya gotta love it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

I am done with Feehan. I tried to read Dark Slayer and kept rolling my eyes. Even though I would love to have that wolf pelt coat the heroine had.

5:24 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

Oh Rosie, I love you!

"THIS is what really happened!"

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

I'm so happy for you that you were able to go swimming--hooray Rosie!

6:46 AM PDT  
Anonymous Mollie said...

I've never read Feehans Dark series. I read the Ghostwalker series.

I LOVE the Jane Austen Book Club. Such a cute movie. Is it bad that I'm just now reading my FIRST Austen novel? Pride and Prejudice, we're reading it for our book club selection.... :)

7:15 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha *wiping eyes* oooh rosie you do crack me up! the pictures for last times timeline were just TOO appropriate! i also read with the sidelamp on until 1am last night. an old Jude Deveraux.

8:15 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh Rosie. You bought Dark Slayer? Is it time for a intervention?

Speaking of - I should look at the holds list for that one. The last Dark book in hard cover was off the charts for us at work.

The author who wrote The Jane Austen Book Club? Yep, one of the keynote speakers at my library's literary event in April. Tra la la la la....

8:17 AM PDT  
Blogger Renee said...

Love the pics of your evening. Such a real glimpse into married life! lol

Good luck on the nail salon change. :-)

8:58 AM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

I haven't read Feehan in a long time. I didn't even get her last Drake Sisters because I was bored with the one before.

I'm so glad you're back in the pool! That's awesome! I'm back at the gym myself and happy about it, but not running still.

I CANNOT believe you're changing nail salon's!!! Where are you going next? Is it the same one Joy goes to?

And Jane Austins Book Club was just a fun movie! Wish we were watching together!

11:06 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Love your random, lol.

9:37 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That's me in that last picture and then what's even funnier is seeing me try to function the next morning! Love the post Rosie :)

6:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Joanna Chambers said...

Heeellllllllloooooooooo Sailor!!!

You.
Have.
Been.
Reading.
My.
Mail.

1:15 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Too Funny!

I'm a loyal person too but change happens ;)

CindyS

9:37 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

kb, there were "good" parts, but yeah, not a great book.

AL, yeah, even us romance readers need a reality check once in a while. It's a good thing GG has a sense of humor when I expose our real life here on ye olde blog.

Mollie, in all honesty while I've read all CF's series, Ghostwalkers is my fave, which I usually say every time I post about that series.

LR, I loved your post about zaftig brunettes. You also mentioned one of my other favorite comfort movies, LOVE ACTUALLY.

Yeah, I think most of us are in the late-night-side-lamp-reading-club. Plays hell on getting up to go to work though.

Wen, yes! Intervention sounds good. Hey, maybe I'll actually make it to your library thingy this year. Tell me it's not around April 16 which is Shmoo's birthday.

Renee, I had my second visit to the new place, so far so good.

Warrior M,actually the salon is the same one our niece (the new bride) goes to. It's very nice. This weekend L's family is touring one of our fire stations. I think once that's done I'll break the news. I like them too much to not come clean and it's a 15-year relationship too.

Thanks Becky. I loved your lunch stories.

Barbara, like I told LR, I think all of us die-hard rom fans have been there, done that.

Oh, Tumperkin, you say the sweetest things! *wink*

Cindy, you are too right change is good. I just hope my relationship with the people at the first salon can withstand the change. 15 years is a long time.

1:43 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Erm....

The weekend before Shmoo's birthday.

Saturday, April 10.

1:51 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

*carefully entering date into phone calendar* That's good, SL, cuz any plans we have should be the following weekend.

3:43 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I love Hugh Dancy in that movie. :P

7:58 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

ames, Hugh is a real sweetie isn't he? GG and I saw a big tome of Austen's work in the bookstore yesterday and I held it up and said, "Look here it is just like Briggs in JANE AUSTEN'S BOOK CLUB!"

9:45 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

LMAO!! Did GG have a clue what you were talking about?

9:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

ames, are you kidding me? As many times as I've watched that movie, and so has he by osmosis, he totally knew what I was talking about. Although he cocked his head and said, "Brigg? That was his name?"

10:06 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home