A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, September 07, 2009

NOT the August Reading List

The long weekend has been glorious and so rejuvenating for me. In between a few chores, some grocery shopping, going out for coffee with GG, and laundry I've been reading, reading, reading like mad. I can't remember the last time I've been able to indulge myself like this and it's been the perfect end to my summer.

Besides PLEASURE & PURPOSE by Megan Hart, I've also read NEVER LOVE A LAWMAN by Jo Goodman, SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME by Lisa Kleypas, and a couple of e-books. Oh, and I finished SURRENDER OF A SIREN by Tessa Dare on Friday. I haven't been this prolific with my reading since I don't know when.

I've also been able to go check out some favorite author websites look at some ebook sites I haven't been to in forever... All of this has been done completely guilt free since this is exactly what I planned for myself this weekend.

Hopefully today sometime I'll be able to finish the August reading list. While I like having those lists in a permanent record somewhere playing hooky and just doing whatever I feel like has been wonderful.

See ya 'round campus!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Glad you're having a great week-end so far, Rosie :D and lucky you, reading, reading and reading!! I did read a little this week-end :) but I'm also trying to catch up on blogging and cleaning.. and there's tennis on tv which is definitively disrupting my routine! LOL :)

Psst, I read Broken, but I haven't review it yet.

10:59 AM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

ooh, how was the Goodman book? Looking forward to that one. She's such a great writer. :)

11:53 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

So did you buy the pretty reprint of Someone To Watch Over Me? Saw that in Borders today. I have the original edition buried in the TBR....somewhere.

The Goodman is in the immediate TBR pile. Can't wait to read that one!

3:09 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Hey Rosie, I'm glad you got to indulge yourself this weekend. :P I read a bit, but not as much as I'd hoped to. And did little bloghopping. :(

7:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

Don't you just love reading time. I had a good binge this weekend too :)

Saw your post about the Hart book and it's on my TBB list. I recently read the Kleypas, I'm thinking I may like her older books better--I should probably whisper that :)

We're looking forward to thoughts and reviews??

5:13 AM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

I just finished my book club book Run by Ann Patchett. It was good, but not the "quick read" I was hoping for. Definately food for thought, though. I also got to read Rachel Gibson's True Love and Other Desires which was total bubble gum for the brain, but a fun distraction! I'm glad you're getting some reading time and coffee time with my favorite BIL! You deserve it!

4:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

First let me say that I thought I replied to most of these comments once already. Where did it go?

Nathie, it was awesome and an embarassment of riches!

Sula, the Goodman was good. A full bodied western, just the way I like 'em.

Wen, yes, I did indeed buy the reprint because *gasp* I found that I didn't have the original. How'd that happen?

Ames, twas so nice and blissful.

TM, I posted about the Hart right after I finished reading it. It really had an impact because it made me think. Dunno if everyone will feel that way, but I sure did.

Warrior M, I don't know if I could do the book club thing at this point. Too much like work, and as I've been yammering about lately, I have to be "in the mood" for certain genres to read them.

1:01 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home