"Another week!" she squeaked.
Dunno what's happening to the days. They are flying and melting away so fast! I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post. I'm hoping this week I'll be doing some catching up because next week I'll be out of town for work.
Reading has suddenly slowed to almost a halt. Go figure. I'm thinking it's because I've been busy with real life stuff.
Uh let's see what else?
1. The visit with Nathie and the SoCal ladies was awesome. I look forward to seeing everyone and there is never enough time!
2. GG found out he's getting one unpaid furlough day per month. In a year that's almost two weeks pay he's losing. Blerg!
3. I've read 10 books this month. That's a book every other day. I haven't done that in forever.
4. Do you ever crave to read a particular kind of book? I'm craving an intense historical. Something riveting. Any ideas? Maybe a re-read is in order. Any ideas?
5. I swam for the first time in a month with my scarred up nose. Yes, me and my scar went for a swim. Hopefully it will stop the regular delivery of the "you-really-shouldn't-eat-that" food to my mouth. One can hope.
6. Shmoo went to Explorer Academy in the mountains of the San Bernardino National Forest last week. He passed all his classes and can now apply to be a wildland firefighter. While I'm happy as all get out to see him reach one of his goals, I can't say having him out in one of the ferocious wildland fires we have here in SoCal exactly thrills me. Au contraire!
7. In a little over a week Bean will be 23! Ho-lee! I already got he and his girlfriend a 4-day passes to Comic Con. My sweet little geeky boy was over the moon. But 23! I can hardly believe.
Better go take care of some of that real life stuff I was talking about. Miss you!