A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, October 19, 2009

"Another week!" she squeaked.


Dunno what's happening to the days. They are flying and melting away so fast! I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post. I'm hoping this week I'll be doing some catching up because next week I'll be out of town for work.

Reading has suddenly slowed to almost a halt. Go figure. I'm thinking it's because I've been busy with real life stuff.

Uh let's see what else?

1. The visit with Nathie and the SoCal ladies was awesome. I look forward to seeing everyone and there is never enough time!

2. GG found out he's getting one unpaid furlough day per month. In a year that's almost two weeks pay he's losing. Blerg!

3. I've read 10 books this month. That's a book every other day. I haven't done that in forever.

4. Do you ever crave to read a particular kind of book? I'm craving an intense historical. Something riveting. Any ideas? Maybe a re-read is in order. Any ideas?

5. I swam for the first time in a month with my scarred up nose. Yes, me and my scar went for a swim. Hopefully it will stop the regular delivery of the "you-really-shouldn't-eat-that" food to my mouth. One can hope.

6. Shmoo went to Explorer Academy in the mountains of the San Bernardino National Forest last week. He passed all his classes and can now apply to be a wildland firefighter. While I'm happy as all get out to see him reach one of his goals, I can't say having him out in one of the ferocious wildland fires we have here in SoCal exactly thrills me. Au contraire!

7. In a little over a week Bean will be 23! Ho-lee! I already got he and his girlfriend a 4-day passes to Comic Con. My sweet little geeky boy was over the moon. But 23! I can hardly believe.

Better go take care of some of that real life stuff I was talking about. Miss you!




Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

I have read more than a few fluffy historicals lately and I'm ready for something I can sink my teeth into. I've been thinking of re-reading Canham's Robin Hood trilogy or maybe Madeline Hunter's medievals.

11:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

If "intense" you mean "lots o' history bits" - then Highland Rebel by Judith James. If you're looking for "dark" though....I'm not sure. Haven't read a really dark historical in some time.

I'm slowly clawing my way out of my reading slump. Working on book 3 for October right now. Nowhere near as impressive as your 10.

12:48 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I had a great time with you all :D Next time, I'll definitively plan so I have a few days to visit all of you and not just a few hours! :D

Sucks for GG :( Cool for Shmoo! and Beanie must be so happy :D hey, I'd like to go to Comic*Con too LOL :)

10 books, that's great! I've read like 4 ^_^; Need to start reading :D

2:35 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

You have been a busy girl.

Good for you for starting to swim again. My death thing on Facebook said that I'd collapse after a workout at the gym when I'm 48 so I'm forgoing exercise for the next 5 years. It think 49 is the perfect age to work out.

Congrats to Shmoo for passing all his classes and happy birthday to Bean!!

3:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Giselle, yeah, maybe not so much with the fluff right now. I was never that much of a Canham fan. Did you faint dead away? I never got what all the fuss was about. MH's medievals are another story though.

Wen, I have HIGHLAND REBEL in my tbr, but I'm a-skeerd to read it. It's irrational, but there it is. Don't be so impressed with my 10 books, that may be all I read this month.

Nath, it just seems when people visit that we barely get started when we have to part company. We hardly got to talk "books" when you were here because there was so much going on. It was great to see your beautiful face though.

Tracy, I totally sputtered and then laughed out loud when I read your comment. So... You are waiting until you are 49. Well I have to say I admire a woman with a plan.

9:19 PM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

Just finished The Help for book club. Not a romance, but a great read!!!!! Miss you!

10:12 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

WarriorM THE HELP? By who and about what? Miss you too!

11:17 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Awww, congrats to you men (can we call the boys anymore - you're their mother so you can ;)) and definite blergh pay problems. So glad you were able to get back in the pool! I miss swimming but my lazy has embedded itself deep. I keep telling myself I'll start on the treadmill tomorrow. At this rate, tomorrow just never comes!

Cindys

2:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home