A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Totally Random

Loved this post by Ann Aguirre. Resonated. Loudly.

I'm so happy so many people are enjoying INDISCREET by Carolyn Jewel. Go Carolyn!

384 Posts in the Reader. I'm down to 174. I was doing so well. What happened? Oh yeah. My nose, and I've been reading. And sleeping.

Speaking of my nose...we pause for a tirade. Feel free to jump this next paragraph.



Once again, I'm truly not raving in a shameless attempt to garner your sympathy. Although...would you even let me get away with that? No? Well, don't cast your pearls before this ungrateful ..er, uh...Rosie. Here it is. My nose and the resulting scar are bugging me. No, I have no reason to feel this way except that there's a scar running down the middle of my nose which is in the middle of my face. It doesn't hurt. It's not even that bad. I just don't want it. I'm an ungrateful wretch but there it is. I don't want this scar on my nose. I don't want to have to worry about or think about sun exposure all the time. I just don't want to. I'm a brat and my husband wants to put a muzzle on me. (Ok, not really but it sounds so deliciously melodramatic.)

I thought I'd feel better getting that off my chest. Curiously, I don't. Bummer.

Totally looking forward to Nathie's visit with SoCal Bloggers this weekend. I'm sure everyone will be posting lots about it.

While I haven't been doing much else here in RomLand I have been reading. It's what brung me to the party. Know what I mean?

DOUBLEBLIND by Ann Aguirre. Loved it. Sirantha Jax what an incredible character! Someone (Nalini Singh?) recently commented or posted about this being one of the most perfect (and unforgettable) character names ever. I heartily agree.

SHADOWLIGHT by Lynn Viehl. Just finished this one. Good book. Very strong start to Kyndred books which are related to her Darkyn series. Why haven't I read her Star Doc books? I have the first two in my tbr.

Pondering *disclaimers*. I get ARCs. Not often, but I get them. I guess I'll mention it and any and all relationships with authors I'm reviewing. Sheesh. Much ado methinks, but I'm ever the rule follower. Oh to be a rebel.

I know some of you are slumping. I'm in a reading rage. I don't want to do anything else. I don't want to swim. I don't want to walk. I don't want to eat. (I KNOW that's just crazy isn't it?) I want to read, read, read. I've decided to attribute this to the changing of the season...or being crazy. However if you tell anyone I said that I'll deny it.

A recent post by Keishon, this one by Tara Marie and this one at RtB by Super Librarian Wendy has me all nostalgic about the genesis and journey of my reading. My current frenzy has me contemplating re-reading books on my shelves instead of those in my tbr tubs. *loud heavy and pathetic sigh*

So many choices so little time.


Eventually there will be a September reading list. Maybe when I post my October list...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger azteclady said...

*carefultacklehug*

There, Rosie, there... you can blame me for the scar if that'll make you feel better.


Doubleblind: oh please pretty please, write a review? I'm dying to talk about this with someone!


Reading rage: you cannot see it, by I'm a lovely shade of envy green right now.

*sigh*

6:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm willing to bet that your scar isn't as bad as you think it is. I mean, it's on your face. So I'm sure it probably seems like it's flashing bright neon pink out there for the entire world....but I bet it isn't. I bet your nose is just as cute as it's always been :)

Can't wait to see everyone this weekend. I've still got several October releases to buy. So says the girl who is currently mired in a slump. Ha!

8:05 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I agree with Wendy - it's probably not as bad as you think it is. :P

{{{Rosie}}}

I'm in a reading rage too...that must be why I have over 1000 posts in my g-reader. LOL

And I finished Indiscreet. A review to come soon!

9:05 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I'll throw you a pity party - no problem - I have an age spot on my right temple that has been pissing me off something fierce. I went to mention it the other day and all the ladies nodded saying -yep, it's there. WHAT!? I was hoping I was the only one who saw it. Grrr.

But the good news about scars is they fade and soon you'll be the only one who knows it's there. There's also that Bio oil that costs a fortune but it might be too soon for you to use something like that.

And Nath is coming for a visit!? I'm so jealous! Have a great time!! Sending virtual hugs!

Cindys

2:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

AL, I'm pathetic and very much appreciate the hug. If I can my stuff together this weekend I might get a review posted.

SL, well you will see my lovely nose on Sunday and you can decide just how bad it is. And even if it's not "bad" it isn't "good" either.

ames, yo! Someone with more posts in their reader than I have. Yay! Is it wrong to be happy about this????

Cindy, a pity party? For me? You say the nicest things. Uh, what's to eat?

I'm so glad I was never a real sun bunny. I keep thinking about all the women I've know over the years that were real sun worshipers. A guy at work said he's got like six little divots out of his back.

6:16 PM PDT  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

I'm with the other ladies, it's probably not as bad as you think, and you have every right to complain about it.

I love Lynn Viehl and I need this book and why haven't I read the Star Doc books either?

5:48 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I'll be the judge of your scar, Rosie :D

See you later :D

10:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Christine said...

I wouldn't want a scar on my face, either. But I bet it will fade in time... especially if you protect it from the sun. I believe sun exposure increases the permanency of scars?

I've got DOUBLEBLIND on my nightstand. I recently made a post about how much I love Sirantha Jax, too. *hearts*

1:03 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home