A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Far Away From Home...

I'm not really far away from home. I'm just in Northern California for a conference for work. Normally a trip out of town to shake things from the daily routine is pretty welcome. However, I feel like I'm barely back in my routine and I'm gone from home for most of the week. Or maybe I'm just wondering what sort of mischief GG and Shmoo will get themselves into while I'm gone.

Of course I brought books with, but only three. Wonder of wonders I scored SKIN GAME by Ava Gray at my favorite BORDERS on Saturday. I'm halfway through it. For the last three people on the planet who don't know it, Ava Gray is a pseudonym for Ann Aguirre. I'm hoping by the end of the week to do a dual review of both DOUBLEBLIND and SKIN GAME.

Just as a heads up to all you peeps who like dark heroes? Ann wasn't kidding when she said Reyes in SKIN GAME was dark. For that matter Kyra isn't all lightness either. These two are not your average protags. Dark? Very. In fact, I'm actually a little breathless about this H/H here at the halfway point of the book. I'm riveted and wondering how it's all going to be resolved in the 164 remaining pages.

Did that make you want to go buy the book? Good. Oh and in the name of full disclosure I did not get paid or receive an ARC of either of these books. I just like Ann Aguirre's writing. Boo-yah FCC.

I better get going I have knowledge about retirement accounts, disability benefits, health issues and other important stuff to learn about. Yeah, very exciting stuff...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

You do have the best Borders.

I'm still clawing my way out of the reading slump from Hell, but gotta say - dark sounds good right about now. Verra verra good. I just started a medieval (Highland Dragon by Kimberly Killion) and a whole mess of people end up dead in the prologue, so I have high hopes for it :P

8:06 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, I really think you'd like this one.

6:10 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Damn you.

Although I had pretty much decided to investigate it.

You had me at "dark."

8:03 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Didn't have a clue about the Ann A and the Ava Gray link. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Have fun at the conference!

10:13 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home