A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How 'bout this one?

Me: Babe? C'mere a minute.

Turn around. Waits. Goes to entrance of store where GG is standing.

Me: Honey, I need you to come in here and smell this and tell me if you like it.

GG: *pained deer in the headlights look* Just buy what you like.

Me: I want you to like it too. Don't you like it when I smell good?

GG: (a wise man married for almost 30 years) You always smell good.

Me: Reeeeeeeallly? Can you smell me right now?

GG: *leans in for a sniff* Yep.

Me: Okay, what do you smell?

GG: What do you mean what do I smell? I smell you...

Me: What's the scent, the frangrance...

GG: *smiles* Delectable.

Smart man, who did come inside the store and help me pick out some stuff.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

Awww! GG could teach lessons.

6:58 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Had a similar shopping excursion this past weekend but My Man did NOT call me delectable. The lout!

9:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Blanche said...

You have a very smart and sweet husband and maybe he should speak with my husband!

Married 25 years, together 28 and you know what he said to me this past weekend? He wanted to know what I was wearing because he said and I quote..."it smells like something my Mom would wear, you know, like old lady smelling stuff!"

He is lucky I didn't smack him!

11:27 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, GG is definitively a smart man :D You really picked yourself a winner, Rosie :D

6:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kati, lessons on how to worm your way out of trouble and make your partner laugh? That's what he excels at.

Wen, technically GG was calling my non-existent scent delectable. I, of course, was not wearing anything but my lubriderm lotion at the time. He couldn't smell anything and said "delectable". He's sneaky. Besides your Man is the best gift giver ever, which in my book makes up for a lot.

Blanche, you know guys can be such a pain sometimes. A few years ago a friend of ours made a comment that he couldn't stand the perfumes and lotions "old ladies" wore because they were so sweet and flowery and cautioned his wife and I not to wear them. *eye roll* How does one make sure of such a thing? One nose's flowering might be another's ambrosia...

Nathie, GG is a sneaky smooth operator who always has his eyes on the prize...but I think I'll keep him.

6:58 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Awww - he's so sweet. Can he come give my hubby lessons? lol

1:12 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Awww! You should write that into one of your own books!

GG is definately a keeper! ;)

7:58 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home