A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, September 05, 2005

KATRINA & CHRIS



I've just finished reading the latest news about Katrina on a number of news publications on line. As usual I'm crying. The time line was of particular interest to me to see where and when warnings were given and who knew what when. Sadly, with the infrastructure and disaster plan that was in place I don't know what more could have been done to warn people. God help us all!!! The decisions to cut our FEMA teams from 3 to 2...FEMA cuts to shore up terrorist defense spending in Homeland Defense. Surely there is some sort of guideline or measurement of what it takes to adequately be prepared for such a disaster here in the United States?

I can only pray that we know better now and will do better in the future. I plan to have my say with my vote and influence as many people as I can.

It occurs to me that if I am this devastated...if other readers and watchers out there whose blogs I've read and whose pictures I've viewed are this devastated...can you even imagine how the people who LIVED through it feel? I cannot. It is simply more than my five senses can absorb or my heart can process.

As with 9/11 I sit here in sunny Southern California almost paralyzed with not knowing beyond a donation what to do. Outwardly my little world is so minimally changed. Beyond the aggravation of spending more for a gallon of gasoline, my life looks the same. But I don't feel the same inside.

So I give what I can, pray often, and my thoughts are never far from other mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, friends...women just like me who are separated from loved ones, without a job, a car or a home. So, I light another candle and say another prayer.

******************************************************************

HAPPY 38TH BIRTHDAY CHRISSY BOY!

YOU ARE THE BEST BROTHER

A SISTER

COULD EVER HOPE TO HAVE!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home