A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year gentle readers and friends! I've been mulling over what my New Year resolutions will be. Most years I don't have any, but 2006 is a big year for changes and I want to chose wisely and focus on some personal changes. It will be interesting to be able to look back on this blog next year and see where I am and how I did.

I don't often make a commitment to resolutions because it seems absurd to make a list at a particular time of the year and think that because it is January 1st and a new year one would stick to a commitment better than any other time.

However, the imagery of a new year and a new beginning is a strong one, which happens to coincide with my personal desire to make some changes in my life. So, we will see what happens.

God knows there are several things I'd like to "work" on for my pesonal well being and growth, but I'm going to narrow it down to two.

Have you got any New Year resolutions? Here are mine:

1. I'm going to lose 50 lbs in 2006.

2. I'm going to work out 4 days a week.


These are huge commitments, but I think I can do it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home