A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, November 28, 2005

This and That


Happy Birthday Annette Michele!





Dull, dreary, worn, depresssing. Blech! Back at work. That's all I'm saying on that subject.

Our Thanksgiving trip was great. Now I'm looking forward to Christmas season. We got our outside Christmas lights up on Sunday. I love seeing the brightly colored lights out. Isn't great seeing houses all lit up?

Now I have lots to do, Christmas shopping and cards. I'm not your bah-humbug type. I love most things about the holidays. Family, shopping, keeping in touch, wrapping gifts, baking. I think the key is not to over-do. Buy and do what you can afford. I just try to remember it is one day of the year and doesn't have to be the day on which the whole year hinges. It really is true that family and friends are the most important part of the holiday. Christmas always reminds me how lucky I am in my friends and family.

Tomorrow is my 25th wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe it. The time has flown by. More importantly, I still not only love my husband, I really like him...well most of the time. ; )

Now the guy I live with made me promise that I would keep our pact and not go buy him some little thing for our anniversary since we are splurging on a new bedroom suite for ourselves. Then he goes and buys me a diamond bracelet!!! Isn't he just the sweetest most wonderful man in the world? Well, he is in MY world that's for sure...and that was before he bought the bracelet. You know I always am amazed at our good fortune in finding one another. Who knew? We were 25 and 27 and thought we knew what we were doing, but you never know what life is going to throw at you. I know I wasn't THAT smart when I was 25 to know that this man was going to be all that he has been the last 25 years. I'm soooooo damn lucky to be with him and well, so happy.

Crap! He is going to read this (eventually) and get a swelled head. Oh well...I guess I can't keep him in the dark forever.

Happy Anniversary Babe! Here's to us and 25 more great years!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home