A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just when you thought it was safe to go out...

I was over on Jennifer Crusie's blog, Argh Ink and reading her January 1st post. At the end of the post she says "say something nice to yourself in the mirror every day". Now I've heard this espoused before. I have even (picture me with pink cheeks now) tried doing it...out loud no less.

Sometimes this works amazingly well and other times, not so much. Most days I see myself in the mirror and wonder who that person is. I'm still surprised to see that I'm aging. Hey, I'm not complaining. Aside from my weight issues, I have a pretty decent gene pool. No excessive wrinkling or frown lines. But gravity is definetly evident. I have circles under my eyes. I have on occasion mistakenly thought they were remants of poorly removed eye makeup from the day before. Yeah...NO!!

Can you believe that I would rather beleive I left old mascara on my eyes the night before than believe that I have circles under my eyes? I just can't believe how dark they are sometimes.

What was my point, I know I had one...just a sec while I scroll up...oh yeah. Saying something nice to myself in the mirror. You know what I finally figured out? The something nice doesn't have to be about how I look!!! Duh!!! You have no idea what a relief this is! No pressure. Yippee!!

Although, now I have to ponder why I'm so shallow and vain that for nigh on these many years I've been only thinking about saying nice things about myself that had to do with how I look. Gad zooks! I'm a silly, vain, middle aged woman. Or, I'm a fabulously happy, oversexed middle aged woman who is passionate about the people she loves and the world she lives in. Yeah, I think I'll go with number 2. Fab-u-lous...fab-u-lous...fab-u-lous...I can do this!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

YOU ARE TOTALLY FABULOUS!!! AND OVERSEXED! :-)

XOXO

8:02 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home