A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hmmmm...was it something I said?

It never fails to fascinate me how people come to visit my page. I don't get a lot of visitors, but I sure get an interesting and wide variety of guests. Some of the searches that bring people to my site...unbelievable, I'm telling you!! Especially when I go to check the sites out and the page is written in Felipino or German, or French. I've had all three. Imagine my frustration trying to figure out why they came a-calling. Oy! I get alot of very religious visitors as well. Now there's a head scratcher for sure. Why would a nun visit my site? I like erotic romance novels and one never knows when I'm going to let the profanity fly. Aside from berating the Catholic church, I don't remember being particularly spiritual or "holy" in any of my posts.

Naturally, I was ready to pop the champagne when I had 23 new callers today. I love company. I DID blog about that once...I think. Well I'm pretty sure. Anyway...like any red-blooded nosey person, I had to check out who these people were and where they came from. Just call me Gladys Kravitz. If you don't get the reference, then I'm older than I thought. But I digress. Again! When I checked out where the newbies came from I found that most of them came from KarenS page. Based on that little tidbit I have a couple of theories about why I got so much attention.

On Monday
KarenS posted that she had written an article for All About Romance titled 'To Blazes with RITA' which makes reference to the RITA awards given out by RWA. If you are interested use my link in this post to Karen's site and she has the links to the articles and message boards there.

Anyway, I read the article and commented and Karen emailed and asked me to post my comment at AAR board because mostly authors were posting and she thought it would be good to get some reader feed back. Like the good little Karen groupie I am (she has LEGIONS of groupies...trust me) I dutifully posted at AAR boards. I haven't checked to see if anyone commented on what I said. I'll be brave and go check that out when I finish here.

So, I don't know if that is what has brought so many people to my site; or, if it was Karen's post a few days earlier commenting on my new page design and telling people to go check it out.

In either case, I got company, which as I said before, I really like and is really cool. So, whoever you are and for whatever the reason, thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Hey Rosie, glad to see that you got some new readers! It may have been your stint over at AAR, they have huge readership over there, and the guys who hang out there will always click on any links that are given.

As for the column, there are still way too many authors commenting!

2:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Jaynie said...

LMAO - I'm one of Karen's groupies. That's how I found you - through her sidebar *g*

3:01 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home