A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Inquiring minds want to know...

Well, that's not completely true. Not that many people have asked, but a few people HAVE wondered what the kanji writing on my page means. Or, more correctly, if I knew what it meant. Puh-leeze! Like I'd put something on my page and NOT know what it was? C'mon now...really.

GemmaK, the oh so awesome page designer, sent me stuff to look at for ideas for the page. I fell in love with the symbol as soon as I saw the meaning. The mouse click and choice was a total impulse, but the look and the words just grabbed me. Know what I mean?



SPIRIT, MIND, FORCE


I was watching a late night re-run of a recent interview of Kristen Armstrong, Lance Armstrong's ex, on Oprah just a while ago. She spoke about losing herself in her marriage.

It made me think of my blog page and my reading. Things I do just for myself. My spirit, my mind, my force. There have been times I've felt lost to myself. Where I felt like a stranger in my own body. It still happens sometimes.

One true thing...women have to fight much harder than men do to be themselves and not lose themselves to their jobs, their marriage and their children. We willingly give so much of ourselves away that we frequently have little of the person that we truly are or wish to be left.

What is one thing you want to do or love to do that is just for you?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

gsisxHey Rosie, can you possibly post your comment on my AAR column to the message board? I want as many readers as possible to express their opinion, I don't want it to be all about the writers.

Thanks hun!

1:46 PM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

What a great post! I really do love your new blog site! I may have to drop Gemmak a line to help me with mine. Most likely I won't be a big copycat until after the move!!!

Honestly, I'm so lost in all of this house selling/moving/kids activies stuff, that I can't even answer that question. How sad is that? Sometimes I think that I'm in a state of limbo waiting for a big part of my life to begin.

4:01 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home