A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Twenty-Six Years

Today is my 26th Wedding Anniversary. Sometimes I can't believe so many years have passed. Most days it seems like being married is effortless. Yes, I know that sounds hokey, but it's not because I'm easy to live with. I'm married to a wonderful man.

You know the very best thing? I still like my Prince Charming so much. We still laugh and love together. He is sweet, kind, gentle and not at all like the alpha males I read about. He is a very ordinary looking guy who makes my heart race. He has a dorky sense of humor, and believes he is funny and witty. He's a wonderful father, a patient and tolerant son-in-law and brother-in-law. He's my safe place to land and there's no place I'd rather be than in his arms. He kicks my butt when I need it and actually finds most of my faults amusing. Who wouldn't love this man, right?

Even though I'll have to email this to him if I want him to read it, (that's not a dig...honest!) I want him to know that I really wasn't smart enough 26 years ago to know that everything would turn out so well for us. What I didn't know about life in my 20s could fill volumes. What I can say now is that I thank God for whatever good sense I had in my commitment phobic fog that made me say "yes" to a guy that was nothing like the guys I usually dated. Who knew?!!!

Thanks for the last 26 years babe! The best is yet to be...

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Tara Marie said...

Very sweet, Happy Anniversary!!

11:30 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Rosie!

1:28 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the pendulum has swung and you've begun the time in your life when you've been with HG longer than you were without him! That's an awesome place to be!

Congratulations and lots of love!
mary

2:28 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

3:25 PM PST  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Rosie: What a wonderful and heartwarming post!!! Happy Anniversary to you and your wonderful husband.

6:51 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks for all those good wishes everyone.

11:14 PM PST  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Happy anniversary! It's great to hear about people who actually *like* each other :-) He sounds like a great guy.

12:21 AM PST  
Blogger Mailyn said...

Happy anniversary!!!!!!!! I agree with Gabrielle since it seems to me most people nowadays just complain about their significant others. LOL.

9:48 AM PST  
Blogger Rosario said...

Happy anniversary! That was a lovely post!

10:20 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet and wonderful way to see your husband. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary Rosie!

4:14 AM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a sweet post - very smileworthy. :o)

Jen

5:18 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home