A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

How big is that?





















We just found out that the puppy I agreed to let my boys have because it was going to be a "small" dog is a miniature pinscher. Yes, you read that right. Our cute little baby is going to be closer to 40 lbs instead of the little terrier mutt I was expecting of about 20 lbs. You know what that means? I was duped!!!


Of course, we are all already in love with the little sweetie. She's been going to puppy training classes with my younger son. They are both learning alot and Emily is smart as a whip. No really, I'm not just a proud bragging Mom. She already knows lots of tricks. But a miniature pinscher? Yikes! 40 lbs? Yes, I know there are lots bigger dogs, but 40 lbs is a big dog to us. We had a miniature schnauzer before. What was I thinking?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

We had a min-pin before ~ I don't think he ever weighed more than 14 pounds. We called him Joey because he hopped around like a baby kangaroo.

Don't lose heart ~ miniature pinschers normally don't get much past 10 pounds, unless Emily is a mix?

12:50 PM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

She's adorable that's what she is! I can't wait to see her for myself. BTW don't be a wus, I have 2 gigantic dogs and a Jake and I've lived to tell about it,so will you! :-)

2:51 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were thinking how adorable she was and now you're the greatest mom for letting her boys get a cut dog. Good luck.

5:31 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Mini-pins don't get big. Unless you're thinking of a doberman? I had a mini pin and his name was Mr. Bojangles. He was one of the smartest dogs I've ever had. :P She's so cute!

6:45 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh, Rosie, who cares if she's gonna be 140 pounds. She is absolutely adorable!

10:20 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Devonna, 14 lbs? I can do 14 lbs. It's the 40 lbs that scare me.

Mary, she is adorable that's why I'm doomed. It's too late to change our minds if she ends up at 40-60 lbs.

Scooper, my boys love her like crazy and I'm including TGILW in that. I should get so much attention!

Ames, you and Devonna give me hope that all is not lost and she won't get too big. However, she's already weighing in at 11 lbs.

Lori, yeah, yeah, yeah...she's cute but big doggies have big poopies. Not good! *g*

7:43 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

That's what sons are for, Rosie!

So glad I have 2 of 'em!

11:27 AM PST  
Blogger Mailyn said...

A 40lbs miniature pincher?!?!? OMG that's not healthy AT ALL! He needs to be, at most 13 or 14 lbs and that's pushing it.

BTW that puppy is choooo cute!!!!

11:59 AM PST  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

OMG, that puppy is adorable, I think we need one.

3:59 AM PST  
Blogger ReneeW said...

OMG, what an adorable dog. I looked it up on google and min pins are in the range of 8 - 10 lbs. Hope that's true.

11:26 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, I can't complain too much because the boys have been doing a pretty good job of clean up so far without being asked.

Mailyn, we go back to the vet the end of this month for some more shots and they will have a better idea of what she is...I hope. For the time being she seems to have stopped growing. Thank God!

TM, isn't her face just the cutest? She's still a mischief maker, but she's pretty much doted on here.

Renee, how sweet you were to look that up! Thanks. Duh! I should have thought of that myself but I'm still so busy with my Christmas projects.

6:48 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! In that pic she already looks bigger than a min pin, but darn!!! She's cute as a button and those eyes just shine with intelligence.

1:02 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home