A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Kwik Stop

This is the Kwik Stop post of the week. Remember how I keep saying things should get back to normal next week? Yeah, well I think that's just wishful thinking. Until we get Beanie a car I think my life will be a little bit crazy without much down time.

I'm reading Brockmann's new book. So far, at page 35, we're off to a good start. At least she has me interested. Always a plus. I was thinking about KarenS today. Last year sometime she had a post asking readers if they read more than one book at a time. At the time I posted I was strictly a one book at a time reader. This summer I've found myself reading two books at time. I have one book I'm reading at home at night and one I take to work for breaks or when I'm waiting to pick up one of the boys. What's that all about Alfie? A new reading habit after all these years?

Went to the rheumatologist today. Love those visits. Hey I'm doing fine no major changes or anything. I told him I'm still adjusting to the fact I have arthritis in the first place. You know sometimes I have stuff I want to do and my body just says "No!" It's freaky like I have no internal say so. I don't like it much, but I'm adjusting.

Beanie's girlfriend's Mom (got that one?) had a baby yesterday. A little boy. Cutie too. They named him Dayton Tuff. That's his first and middle name. Dayton is also Dad's middle name. Tuff? Well, Dad liked it. Interesting family. Beanie did lots of eye rolling. Apparently little Dayton likes Beanie better than he likes his big sister. Shmoo says "everybody loves Beanie" you know like EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND? Maybe you had to be there, anyway, we got a good chuckle out of it.

Summer is dwindling down and we are still cooking here in SoCal. It was 105 today and just enough humidity to make it interesting to take a deep breath outside. Wow! Am I REALLY talking about the weather? Say good night Gracie.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie!!

it seems like age I haven't commented on your blog, but I've been meaning to! :D Seems like your life has been very busy... when is Beanie getting his new car? It's so sad because we really are very dependant of our car... I don't know how public transport is like where you live though.

So basically, if I got it right, Beanie's gf just got a new baby brother? (just out of curiosity, how old is the mother? somehow, I'm thinking of someone about your age... and I can't be right... right?)

hope everything goes back to normal for you soon... at least, you got a stable and good net connection now :D

4:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Mailyn said...

I'm a one book reader unless I get my greedy little hands on something I simply can't wait to read. Then I put aside the first book until further notice.

How old IS the mother?!

6:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Casee said...

Tuff like as in 'Tuff Sheds'? LOL. Poor kid.

I sometimes read 2 books at the same time, even though I try not to. I try to keep an unread book at work so if I forget my book, I'll have something new to read.

7:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Tuff?! And it's now a "family name." That's just wrong. Dayton isn't too bad, but being from the Midwest the first thing that immediately pops into my mind is Dayton, Ohio.

I strictly read one book at a time unless the books are incredibly different. For instance, I'm reading a fiction book and have a non-fiction book I'm flipping through. But this is a rarity and I haven't done this with any consistency since my overworked college days.

8:22 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually read one book at a time, though at times I will read one book before I fall asleep and another during the day.
What kind of arthritis do you have? I have osteo in both knees; my next rheumatologist appt. is Mon. I ache for the days when I could walk quickly whenever I needed to or wanted to. It's a pain to have to think about how to stand and start moving when once those actions were automatic. Hope you feel well.
Kay

10:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

Well at least the kids first name isn't Hangin'. Hahahaha...yes, sometimes I have that sense of humor of a thirteen year old. Okay, good night Gracie. ;P

2:13 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, Beanie and the his car woes. Well, the insurance company is sending the check and Beanie is probably not going to get a car until...I can hardly believe I'm saying this...January. He wants to save a bit more money to add to what the insurance company gives him to get what he really wants. A truck. Boys and their toys.

Mailyn, see the tricky thing is Nath is thinking I'm forgetting to answer the question about Beanie's gf's Mom. GF Mom is 38. Yes, significantly younger than me and not to old to be having her...wait for it...6th child.

Casee, well I didn't know there were sheds with the name Tuff, but yes. I confirmed the spelling. Although little Dayton hasn't been taken home from the hospital yet so I suppose a name change could happen.

Wendy, well you know since I did time in Cleveland, OH you know what I thought when I heard it too. I was really sort of floored by the Tuff and am glad I was in a darkened garage the first time I heard it because I don't know if I could have hidden my reaction otherwise.

Kay, hello and welcome to Nobody Asked Me. I have anklosing spondilitis, a touch of RA and osteo in both hands. I exercise more since being diagnosed and am doing well with the meds I'm on. I just get surprised every once in a while when my brain says "GO!" and my body says "NO!" Frustrating!

Jodi, I feel like there should be a ba-dum-dum and cymbal crash in the background. Although I imagine little DT will get all sorts of comments on his name. Don't ya think?

11:43 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home