A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Day Late...

...and a dollar short. I had hoped to do this post last night but I had the worst mother of a migraine headache yesterday. Probably the worst I've had in about three years. I don't know if it's the recent posts by Holly and Jenster about their headaches or just what, but Lord-a-mercy the headache I had yesterday made me sick as a dog. I'm much better now, but also a bit exhausted. So, I'm off to bed as soon as I get this posted.

Here's the latest list of books to be added to my TBR. BTW, today I bought FORCE OF NATURE by Suzanne Brockmann. It was 40% off at Barnes and Noble if you have a membership. I had an additional 15% off coupon so I walked out with the book for just $14.47. That's cheaper than most trade sized paperbacks. If anyone needs the 15% off coupon just click here. You have to be a B&N member to use it, but it's good until August 19th, so have at it.

Books I bought Saturday from the wonderful Toni's New and Recycled Romances:

1. SECRETS - Volume 9. I confess I bought this one new. Even though it's my first volume of SECRETS and even though Rosario gave a recent less than stellar review of Volume 4. I confess I couldn't resist with two of the four authors being familiar to me. This one contains stories by Bonnie Hamre, Kimberly Dean, Lisa Marie Rice and Kathryn Anne Dubois.

2. FORGET ME NOT - Marliss Melton. I've got two of her books now because I heard good things about her. I haven't read either one yet.

3. Sil Sp Ed #1732 HIS COMFORT & JOY by Jessica Bird

4. Sil Sp Ed #1750 FROM THE FIRST by Jessica Bird

5. HEART OF GOLD by Jessica Bird. What can I say? I read one SSE and decided I need to read more of Jessica Bird aka JR Ward. Apparently I'm the very last romance reader on the planet to know these are the same person.

6. GOSSAMER by Rebecca Hagan Lee. Rec from SL Wendy

7. MIDNIGHT RAIN by Holly Lisle. Rec from SL Wendy. Don't worry Wendy, I've heard good things about both these authors and they are both new to me, so new is good. Wendy, bless her, thinks she influences me to the dark side by recommending books that I snatch up and buy. Heh, heh, like I ever need help buying books. I'm just grateful for the recs.

8. CODE OF HONOR by Catherine Mann. Actually her category romances were recommended to me by Lori at Let's Gab. I didn't find any of those at Toni's place but this sounded interesting so I scooped it up.

9. EMBRACED BY DARKNESS by Keri Arthur. I just keep buying the books in this series. I haven't started reading it yet. Although I must admit I like when I have four books in a series to start with then the next one doesn't seem so far away by the time I get them read AND I can read them all in a row.

Next are the pictures of my TBR which is now stored in rubbermaid tubs. There are only about 3-4 books on my bedside stand and I now can live TBR anxiety free. Take a look at the
new tubs o' TBR.




Top two tubs most likely to be broken into. Already these are both full.




What else would be next? Although the Regency tub is a broad term for really all British historicals whatever the time period.




Last but certainly not least are all other Historicals.




Here they are all five of them in their glory messing up what once was a nicely organized office.




This is my now messy office. See all the scrapbooking stuff that has been out since my project since last Christmas? I'm still working on the last two heritage scrapbooks for my two sons. Since Shmoo is graduating next June I need to get his scrapbook done.





The scrapbooking table that never ends. Note the neat piles of even more scrapbooking paper under the table. Does it look like there's much room between this table and the TBR tubs? There isn't!


***ETA***
Don't forget when you comment your name will be added to the drawing for the Sylvia Day book, book bag and poster.


Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Can I just say that I love how you have row upon row of bookcases behind your TBR pile ;) That's the sign of a true addict and I shouldn't be laughing because I think I'm on my way to having the exact same thing happening in my book room. Bad Cindy.

Being the beginner and never the finisher I bought about 7 grand worth of scrapbooking stuff (maybe a slight exaggeration) and have done about 6 pages. Yep. I got all the bling and no umph to do it. Story of my life ;)

The room looks killer organized though so that's something.

CindyS

10:04 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, this room used to look lots neater just ask GG. :) I do my best to keep it uncluttered, but scrapbooking stuff is cluttery by its nature I think.

7K on scrapbooking stuff? We could have one hell of a party with that much stuff!

11:22 PM PDT  
Blogger Marg said...

Wow, your scrapbooking stuff looks neat and tidy compared to mine, which has basically overtaken my dining table! And Cindy, I have bought loads of stuff and seem to only keep buying more but not actually making anything!

2:16 AM PDT  
Blogger Mailyn said...

Dear lord that's a huge TBR! Ok, not as bad as Ames [who is?!] but I'd have a panic attack for sure! LOL.

2:52 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Now see - I have to show your TBR pile to my sister. She is really starting to annoy me with her nagging about mine. Although I think mine is bigger - still it is of great comfort to know that I'm not the only one. I need to see a pic of Wendy's too :)
And thumbs up on Forget Me Not. I haven't read any of your other purchases though

3:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Nikki said...

Hey Rosie, I really like how you organized your TBR! I think you will love Next to Die. Are we meeting on 9/22?! I hope so....

8:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Rosie:
First things first, feel free to leave my name out of the Sylvia Day drawing. The book should go to someone you don't see on a semi-regular basis :)

Kristie:
Silly rabbit - I have posted a picture of my TBR! Go forth:
http://super_librarian.blogspot.com/2007/04/and-so-it-goes.html

And I scoff at Rosie's cute little RubberMaid totes! Seriously, if you want to see an out of control TBR, hit my Library Thing account. That's JUST books I haven't read yet. Seriously. I'm almost at 900.

8:54 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosario said...

The good news is the Secrets volume you bought is MUCH better than the one I just reviewed. Both the LMR and the Kimberly Dean stories are really good.

9:01 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow, your TBR pile scares me. I'm having mild panic attacks because I have about 10 in mine right now. lol

Sorry about your headache, babe. I totally understand how it feels. I hope you got(get) some rest and feel much better.

9:11 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a TBR pile. I'm really bad about buying books and reading them immediately. I have no self-control or focus until I've gotten the books read. I'm terribly jealous of you.

5:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg, yes, it looks neat and tidy because of the angle of the picture. What I need to do is get those last two books finished. I'm smack dab in the middle!

Mailyn, huge is the word for it alright. But see neatly placed in tubs = less anxiety! So, guilt free book buying can ensue.

Kristie, have at it. Show your sister there are people WORSE than you. :) There are waaaay worse vices in the world than reading books about people falling in love and living HEA. Do I hear an Amen?

Nikki, I'd love to get together on September 22nd. I think that date was okay with Wendy too, but still a conflict for Lori. I think we have to wait until she returns from the UK to know for sure.

Wendy, scoff? You're scoffing? I guess when you have 900 books it gives you some bragging rights. Are you sure about the drawing? Even though the masses would probably accuse us of conspiracy.

Rosario, I already read the LMR story and it was good, but alas too short!! I have hopes for the others.

Holly, yeah, I used to have maybe 6 books to read. This is what happens when you work and have a generous book allowance each month. A person can run amok.

This headache was a KILLER. I feel so much better. I even went swimming tonight and feel great.

Scooper, yes I used to read as soon as I got books and even run out of books but my buying has finally out paced my reading and hence the tubs o'TBR.

8:45 PM PDT  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I just picked up Embraced by Darkness and Force of Nature too, both authors are auto-buys for me.

7:34 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home