A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Back to Basics

Off and on I note that people post what they've read during the month. I've toyed with posting my monthly reads. I waver all the time. After all, if I post everything then you'll know all my secrets! You'd know all the politically incorrect reading I do. Scary that. I'd feel so...so...exposed! So, have to give more thought to whether or not this will be a regular thing. Of course you'd never know if I disclosed all my reads ...now would you? ;-)

As I've wailed and lamented over the past month I didn't read much, 6 books in August. There were also 3 e-books I'm too lazy to go look up. So really 9 books total. When you compare that to the 39 I read in January it seems positively shocking. Well it was to me anyway. I like to stay in the 15 to 20 book range. I feel nice and balanced in my life when I do that and it also means I didn't stay up too many nights and got too little sleep.


Odd assortment this past month. Without further ado...here's August 2007:

Dangerous Lover by Lisa Marie Rice
Tied to the Tracks by Rosina Lippi
A Reason to Believe by Maureen McKade
The Northern Devil by Diane Whiteside
Tanner's Scheme by Lora Leigh
Coming Undone by Susan Andersen

In case you were wondering, I had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I did make it out of my jammies and even made a trek to my favorite BORDERS. As many of you have probably read and heard we are having extremely warm and humid weather here in SoCal. It was 111 degrees when we were at the book store. I've never been so grateful to walk into an air-conditioned room in my life. Anyway I found just about everything I was looking for.

Here's my haul:

Driven by Eve Kenin
Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh
The Price of Desire by Leda Swann
My Immortal by Erin McCarthy
For Her Pleasure by Maya Banks
White Heat by Cherry Adair
Me & Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter
Fairyville by Emma Holly
If His Kiss is Wicked by Jo Goodman

Yes, I purchased more books than I read the whole month of September. Well if you don't count the ebooks. I'm happy to report though that I read four books over the weekend. Isn't that absolutely fabulous? I'm soooo happy to be reading again.

Now if I'm really getting back to basics I should get a review or two up this week. One can hope.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Good Lord! You read 39 books in one month! Do you sleep? Seriously.

A blockbuster month for me would be 12 books - and about half of those would have to be Harlequins for me to reach that number. Such is the life of a slow, slow reader.

I think you should post a monthly list. I love seeing what people read.

8:04 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Yes, 39, positively decadent wasn't it? In my defense, I wasn't working, I didn't blog or blog hop much AND I'd just come off my scrap booking bender and was jonesing for some serious reading time.

We'll see on the monthly list. I like reading them too.

10:37 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Now Rosie, what could you possibly be reading that would shock us? I hear Big Spankable Asses is about to be released ;) Wait, maybe it's Big Spankable Ass - I can't remember but apparently it's a romance.

You did better than me by - uh, minus 1, carry 4, yep the whole 9. I didn't read one book this month. My brain just wouldn't do it.

I have Caressed by Ice now though and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things again. I love summer but I think we were amazingly busy this year so it threw me off my lazy time. Lazy time officially starts when every one else on the planet gets back to work ;)

CindyS

12:57 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, you should tell us everything you read :D never know, it might inspire us LOL :P

It's true that 9 is not very much, but I don't think you can compare to January... I mean, lately, a lot has happened and in January, you weren't working. So not the same situation :P I think that once everything settles, you'll probably average like me, about 15-20 books/month :D

6:08 AM PDT  
Blogger alcoment said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. I LOVE Borders, I could spend hours in there, just wandering around, picking up what takes my fancy. One has just opened where I live so it's about time I headed over for the afternoon!

10:13 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driven and Caressed by Ice were both good books. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

10:22 AM PDT  
Blogger dancechica said...

Okay, I cave. I'm going to go pick up Driven today. I was trying to wait until Thursday 'cause of coupons...but I need something to read now! LOL.

How was that Lora Leigh book? I've been thinking of trying her. Right now I'm on a paranormal kick, can you tell? I think it was the Singh books that did it. It doesn't take much to put me into a craze.

But are the Leigh books one big sex-fest? I'm not really into erotica much. I mean, hot sex scenes are great but I like for the characters to really connect first, ya know?

Ha ha, I don't post my monthly reads for the same reason. Gotta maintain my mystique. :-P At least until the end of the year. I do post everything I read at the end of the year. Plus, I'm a slow reader (or at least compared to the rest of the blogging world) and I really don't read all that much in a month, so there's not much to post about.

3:49 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, just finished CARESSED BY ICE tonight. Homerun for me. Excellent book.

Nath, yeah 39 was a lot. 15-20 is a much more realistic number for me and actually about my average most months.

Alcoment, imho, BORDERS has it all over Barnes & Noble which is five minutes from my house but never has anything shelved on time. So I'm always happy when we make the trek to Borders because I usually find everything I'm looking for.

Scoop, haven't read DRIVEN yet, but CARESSED BY ICE rocked.

DC, let's see TANNER'S SCHEME is one of LL's breed books. I think Zeek did a review of it too. It's one of her less spicy books although if you haven't read any of the other breed books you could be confused on some plot points because her series are very intertwined.

Yeah, mystique, that's why I don't want to pub my reading list each month. Sounds good to me. :)

10:13 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home