A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Blog Post...Blog Hop...Blog Post...Blog Hop

Tonight something had to give and I'm afraid visits to all your wonderful worlds got the short straw. Mostly because I riding a pretty great reading high because I just finished CARESSED BY ICE by Nalini Singh.

Good book. Read this excerpt and see what I mean.

I mean this was a really good book. I actually think this is a case where a writer and the series are getting better with each book. The world building continues and the depth of thought to the characters and what it means to be changeling, human and Psy in this world are very well done. Full bodied characters. While this world is a complex place operating on many levels the writing is clear and concise. I couldn't wait to turn the pages because it was just so engaging.

My favorite thing in the world is where there is plot enough to present an intriguing story for the characters to ride and yet the characters and their personal growth and internal battles are the focus of the story. Ms. Singh accomplishes this beautifully so I was in my bliss reading this story.

I'm anxious for February 2008 to see what new surprises Nalini Singh has up her sleeve for all of us. Good book.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy~ said...

I just read "Slave to Sensation" and am immediately hooked - the other 2 books are on my nightstand, just waiting to be read. I agree with your description of her world building. Love it all.

3:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

I really liked Slave to Sensation, although I wasn't as over the moon about it as everyone else seemed to be. I pretty much felt the same about Visions of Heat, although I did think it was slightly less than STS, but Caressed by Ice?

Damn.

Loved it!

I can't wait for the next installment. :)

9:17 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

It was such a good book right? :D LOL I can't wait till February too... luckily, we have Tamsyn and Nate's story next month :D

6:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Stacy, CARESSED BY ICE is great. Wait 'til you read it!

Holly, that happens to me sometimes too. Lots of people willbe raving about a book that I thought was good but not the best thing since sliced bread.

Nath, yeah but those anthologies rarely feed my need...they are usually just too darn short!

8:36 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home