A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, September 14, 2007

It's That Time of Year

We will return to our regular programming when I complete shopping with Shmoo for senior year Homecoming dance. Shopping with a teenaged daughter has to be easier than it is finding the right tie and pin-stripped slacks with Shmoo. Oh and how can I forget the time spent in conversation about doing a fade in his buzzed hair while Snoop Dog raps about "south side" from the car stereo via the ever present iPod? Anybody got a sharp stick?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Ouch. Jeff wants to go get a new suit. My answer? NO WAY! He has to wait until 2 weeks before his bar mitzvah - when I'm assured he won't grow out of it LOL.

I feel your pain, Rosie. Snoop Dog? You get the mother of the year award!

11:37 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Snoop Dog? Really? Wow ~ hope your kids know how good they have it.

7:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

My son bought himself his own suit last year for Christmas. How I wish he'd taken me with him, lol!!!
Kids have te funniest taste. In this case, chocolate with beige pinstripes. Oy!

3:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, yeah those darn kids grow and their tastes change. What Shmoo wears and the music he listens to is different than three months ago. It makes my head spin.

Dev, there are probably mothers out there scandalized by my liberal attitude. With Shmoo in particular I have to pick my battles especially when I've found that the phases of his music pass much more quickly (sometimes a few weeks) than if I battle him over every song and lyric.

Sam, Shmoo actually has pretty good taste and knows what sorts of clothes work for him. Beanie is clueless. If it's clean and in front of him he'll wear it. The good thing is he listens to others (like his Mom and girlfriend) when he has to chose clothes for special events like job interviews, dances, formal dates.

Raising kids ain't for wimps.

11:18 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home